1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood S5E02 "Authority Always Wins" 06/17/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Jun 18, 2012.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Good episode this week, I liked all of the authority stuff.

Looks like Tara is at least partially there, and does not yet appear to be retarded in any way.

Based on the interactions in the Authority boardroom I guess we are to assume that Russel is being nursed to health by the group that wants to stop the mainstreaming initiative and treat the humans like meat.

I laughed when Jason said he has slept with "almost" all of the women in town.

I was surprised when Jessica didn't agree to sell Jason :)

2. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    I dunno - the first two episodes have left me kinda flat. There were a few good scenes (mainly Jessica and the Rev), but the Terry storyline doesn't grab me, nor the baby werewolf. And the Authority? ZZZZZ. Hopefully it picks up when Russell heals, but I am getting a very Voldemort vibe and I have already seen that.

3. chronatog7

chronatog7 Ill 'Gotten Gains!

Aug 26, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    I agree. I guess the lack of this too reflects the same.

4. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    I thought it was a great episode, evpecialy the stuff about the authority. In the earlier seasons they alluded to it but didn't really show us too much until the later seasons. Now we see the fully functioning authority. I thought the ultra-violet light torture was quite effective!

One thing still bothers me. I still don't understand why the authority thinks Bill and Eric were fighting against the mainstreaming of vampires and humans. Bill was ready to marry a human and Eric runs a business that wants to attract both vampires and humans. Russell Edgington, on the other hand, wants to totally destroy the mainstream movement and treat humans simply as food! So why are Eric and Bill being tortured when they both seem to want to co-exist peacefully with humans?

Gerry

P. S. I do agree that the Terry story-line does nothing for me!

5. swizzlest

swizzlest Furry Cat Feet!

Sep 13, 2003
    OH-IO
    by all that is holy, why didn't they just kill of Tara? Please, please please. Ugh.

6. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Could have been, except they messed it up by having cots they could have gotten underneath.

7. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I was wondering the same thing. The Authority seems to be rather illogical. They order Nan to give Bill and Eric the true death for no apparent reason, even though those two were responsible for capturing Russell. And Nan was always in favor of coexistence with humans, yet the Authority people were badmouthing her and made her think they would kill her next.

Power corrupts, I guess.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I agree she got even more annoying

Or blankets on the bed!! Why were they covering themselves with jackets? Why not grab a blanket! idiots.

9. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I totally agree. Why is the Authority so convinced? Cause they killed that lady who was sent to kill them? well duh!

Best part was Hoyt's momma yelling at Jason and then quitely saying thank you!

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Disagree, Rev. Newlin dancing into the house was hilarious.

11. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    A snoozer except..

20th century Pam & Eric
    Jessica revving up the Rev
    Tara reeking havoc (I hope she bites Sam who is starting to bore me.)
    Seeing Chris Meloni since I love him.

12. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree about the flashbacks. I love seeing those!

13. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Does she really need a shower or something? :D

14. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I don't get this either. Does the authority want to co-exist or not? If they don't believe the thing about vampires being god and the rest of us food, then why did they take the "sacrament" before the meeting? Is it just that they want to take over the world first by pretending to co-exist, since we outnumber them by so many?

I'm having trouble believing the L&O guy as a vampire.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, I think it's something like that.

What I don't get is the whole torture thing. OK, yes, they want to know why their agent turned, but why were they asking all those questions about true believers? (And it at least seems as though those questions were the reason for Bill and Eric's original capture)

16. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Wreaking havoc!!
    (Can't believe I did that!)

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I prefer my havoc to be daisy-fresh.

18. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm having trouble believing the black guy from Spartacus as a vampire.

This episode was horrible. Too much Tara. Even a more likeable Tara. This show is so all over the place now. Man I miss the first season.

19. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    YES, that did't seem to make sense to me either. They went thought that whole ceremony which essentilly said humans were just their food, and then the head vampire says its critical for humans and V's to live togehter in peace. Maybe they want us to get lulled into accepting them as equals and then they take us over and put us into herding farms!!

I thought he did a pretty good job!

Another comment. Both Sookie and Lafayette knew that Tara HATED vampires with a passion. So why did they force Pam into making Tara a vampire. Maybe from one sense its better off than being dead, but not if that person hated vampires so much.

Anyway, so far the new season is shaping out pretty well, in my opinion!

Gerry

20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Or it might have been a commentary on the tendency of some people in our society to be conspicuously religious for appearance's sake, without ever really living up to the tenets of their religion.