1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood s07e07: "May Be The Last Time"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aindik, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Aug 5, 2014 #1 of 17
    aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Tuesday and no thread yet. Makes sense. This episode seemed to go nowhere.

So, Violet is from Bon Temps and owns a mansion, yet she and Jason have been living in his run down shack for the last 6 months?

Steve Newlin was still a bible thumping Christian despite being turned into a vampire and then coming out as gay?

2. Aug 5, 2014 #2 of 17
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I don't think there are any limitations on what hallucinations can be :)

3. Aug 5, 2014 #3 of 17
    NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    but...but...but...sookie and bill got back together! :rolleyes:

4. Aug 5, 2014 #4 of 17
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I'll watch to see how they end the series, but if this wasn't already the last season, last night would have been enough to drive me to kill the SP. This show is just floundering.

And the parade of past stars is so stupid. It's like the writers aren't even bothering to come up with realistic story lines to explain it all, they just kinda throw something out there, and voila, Hoyt is back. Or Niall makes a no-purpose visit.

Two things that really bother me, maybe someone can explain. (I know, you're thinking only two?)

1) Andy & Holly are looking for their kids. When Arlene says "maybe they're in Oklahoma". Cause her ex had a cabin there. So they drive umpteen hours to OK. On a whim? Huh?

2) Why is Jason goo-goo over Hoyt's girlfriend? Sure she's cute, and yeah Jason is a horndog, but he's never been this wacko, this quickly, for a friend's girlfriend. It's seems like a stretch, and for no reason I can discern.

Really, this show is about a D+ or C- right now, and if it wasn't ending in three episodes, and I hadn't watched it from day one, I'd be outa here.

5. Aug 6, 2014 #5 of 17
    wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    More like, out of desperation. They have no other leads.

Yeah, that was a bit much. But I think the idea was that he's so focused on not repeating history that he psyches himself into it, or something.

6. Aug 6, 2014 #6 of 17
    dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    After the show I looked at my wife and said at least there are only 3 more episodes.

It really does seem bad. No continuity and just all over the place.

7. Aug 6, 2014 #7 of 17
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Because Jason knows what we know. He is going to bang Hoyt's new girl.

Which will make him an even crappier friend. So of course he's nervous.

8. Aug 6, 2014 #8 of 17
    Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    This episode was pretty awful. A week or two ago, there was a bad episode, but the Eric and Pam stuff was good. Even the Eric and Pam stuff couldn't save this week's episode.

So, we have 3 episodes left? I wonder if there will be anything good coming out of the rest of the show? Such a bummer how lame this final season has been.

9. Aug 6, 2014 #9 of 17
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I thought that was weird too, until I looked at a map. We know that the fictional Bon Temps is not too far from Shreveport (which is where Fangtasia is). Shreveport is pretty close to the northwest corner of Louisiana. If the Oklahoma cabin on the river is near the southeast corner of OK, the drive could be as short as two hours, which wouldn't be completely ridiculous.

10. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Well, he has, once. Same friend, too. Which is the reason said friend no longer knows who he is.

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I think they said "north of OK City", which puts it farther away. Nonetheless, this isn't "Under the Dumb", so I shouldn't be nitpicking every goof. I need to let it go...

But that was after a smoldering romance. This was like love at first sight. But again, I need to stop picking this last season apart, and just go with the flow...

12. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    It seems they are very transparently pairing people off for the happily ever after ending.

Sookie and Bill
    Jason and Jessica (which makes this business with Hoyt that much more ridiculous)
    Andy and Holly
    Arlene and Keith
    Lafayette and James
    Eric and Pam
    Sam and Nicole

13. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    or, it's what they want us to think they're doing. :)

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    The flashback to the birth of Bill's baby may become significant in that someone we know may turn out to be a descendant of that baby ... like Sarah Newmie?

15. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    This is purely conjecture, but I'm fully expecting Sookie to become pregnant with Bill's baby, making it the 'miracle' fairy/vampire/human hybrid. It's the only thing I can come up with to explain all the heavy-handed "every baby is a miracle" foreshadowing.

I think the series will end with Bill dying and Sookie left to raise their baby.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    :up: I had the same thought at the end of the episode.

17. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I'm always surprised that, as a married couple, Bill and Sookie don't have more chemistry. They're just so blah.