1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood - OAD 7/3/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Jul 5, 2011.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    No thread? I really enjoyed this episode and my hopes are way up for this season.

Lots of good stuff going on. I like Sam's therapy group. :) The witches conquering Eric surprised me a bit, but amnesiac Eric + Sookie should be fun to watch. She's going to have a hard time hating him now.

So Jason is going to be a were, Andy is hooked on V, Tara is back (boo), Jessica cheating on Hoyt, Pam looking HOT!

I really liked the way they explained how Bill had managed to beat the queen. I'd been wondering and hadn't guessed that. Punk rocker Bill was fun.

Looks good for the rest of the season!

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Warepanthers look much cooler than a warewolfs. No messy changing, just instanly poof ya a panther.

ok episode, still not up to par with most of the series.
  3. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Sookie nursing Erik to health should be interesting.

Are those panthers people werewolves or something else?

I don't consider Jessica feeding on someone to be cheating on Hoyt. On the other hand, that relationship has run its course for sure...
  4. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
  5. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I've been enjoying this season as well. A lot of great stuff going on.
  6. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    But aren't the vamps supposed to be fast enough to dodge humans pointing guns? She waited for it.
  7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Are we sure those are humans? It seems like a lot of the "people with guns" would be completely ineffective if they were human. Take, for example, Bill's security duty. If they weren't vampires, they'd be too slow to react to any hostile vampire.
  8. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    I agree with the comments about them being useless. I did get the impression that they are humans.
  9. Beryl

Beryl Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Thrilled Tara is back but with her recent 'preference change' and Pam being a gay vamp, I wondering....
  10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    Definitely humans. When they stormed the room, the Queen said "how dare you bring humans into our affairs" or something like that.
  11. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I listen to a radio show and a guy on there hates Tara. He said that anytime she's on screen, he fasts forwards. He claims he doesn't miss a thing as anything involving Tara adds nothing to the rest of the show's story.

I guess I've never had a strong feeling about Tara.
  12. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Well, it seemed like Eric was close to jumping on Sookie and drinking her blood, so if he does that, easy to hate him.

I was interested in Bill's plan for Eric. Did Bill intend for Eric to stop the witches, or did Bill expect the witches would be too much for Eric, and Bill wanted to humiliate Eric, or worse? Bill did insist on Eric going personally. Maybe Bill is just getting clever in his royalty, and figured that both the witches and Eric are his enemies, so whatever happens when they clash should be good for Bill.
  13. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I liked this episode a lot more than the premiere.

I don't like the thought of Jason becoming a werepanther. :( I've always liked that he is so human, with almost everyone else on the show having some sort of supernatural quality.

Amnesiac Eric is great so far. (Did he forget where he left his shirt? :D ) I can't wait to see where this goes.

Bill is more interesting when he's not with Sookie. I liked punker Bill.
  14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    I don't know, that fakey accent bugged me.

15. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I assumed the guys with guns were vampires. Why wouldn't they be?
  16. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Did Bill forbid him to take reinforcements, or was he just too arrogant? Or maybe if he had we would have ended up with a whole bunch of amnesiacs.

I had the idea that Lafayette is just way more powerful than your average witch--even the raising dead birds type.
  17. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Ha ha!!

It was stupid that Eric, apparently knowing how dangerous a necromancing coven could be, didn't just kill the head witch immediately rather than spending the time to drink her. We'll have to add that to the "Evil Overlord" list.

Well, the head witch apparently couldn't raise a goosebump without Lafayette's help :)
  18. ronsch

ronsch New Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Someone in the previous thread had mentioned that this season was going way away from the books but the amnesiac Eric plays right into one of the books story lines.
  19. fmowry

fmowry New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Lots of gratuitous boobies this episode. Not sure where the shifter story is going with the hot Mexindian shifter changing into her mother but she's good to look at.

No mention of the evil baby? Creeped me out.

I like Jason's character so I hope they don't screw him up making him a werepanther. That whole scene with "making a baby" and "why is he taking his clothes off" was great.
  20. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I loved the evil baby, though I hope the show keeps it an open question. Wondering if the baby is evil versus whether it's all in Arlene's head is more entertaining than seeing an actually evil baby would be.

As far as Jason's plight goes: I'm not sure I understood the werepanther hillbilly logic (perhaps because there's no such thing) in needing to turn him into a werepanther prior to Crystal having sex with him. Didn't they say it was to ensure that the child they create would be a werepanther? But if they can turn Jason into a werepanther, why not just turn the baby once born, if necessary? I guess because she doesn't care about the bite hurting Jason, but would care about the bite hurting the baby. [Answering my own question].