1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood OAD 07/14/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pmyers, Jul 15, 2013.

1. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Go Jason Stackhouse!

I was surprised about the turn Sookie's parents' plot line went.

2. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    btw....I was surprised that Eric's plan is/was to get captured. Why not follow and find out where the "camp" is and infiltrate it? I guess the answer is: That's how they wrote it...

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Eric's been making some questionable (i.e., stupid) choices lately...like turning the Governor's daughter to make him more sympathetic to vampires, and then sending her home before she's been housebroken. At first I thought it was just sloppy writing, and I'm still not convinced it's not, but maybe there's something wrong with Eric..?

4. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Seems like writer machinations to get everyone in the same place...

5. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I would be willing to volunteer for the copulation experiments.

Strictly for research.

My wife and I loved seeing the Jason Stackhouse of old come back.

"How does God feel now?"
    "Righteous."

I really don't care for Sam and Emma, Alcide, or Terry and Arlene. It was sad seeing Andy breakdown over his girls.

And Anna Paquin really bounced back from those twins. Yowzers!

6. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Were we supposed to assume that the scene in the cave where Warlow knocked a hole in the roof so the sunlight could hit Lilith was how he killed her? It seems unlikely that would kill her, unless she was a lot weaker back in 3500 B.C.

Maybe being in direct sunlight for long enough (more than 10 seconds) could kill Lilith. It seemed like Billith was in mortal danger when he was out in the sun for 5 - 10 seconds. But in the cave, it was just a beam of sunlight and all she would have to do is move to a different part of the cave. Unless Warlow held her down (if he is strong enough to do so, which I guess he could be if the beam of sunlight weakened Lilith).

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I don't know how old Lillith was back then, but it's already been demonstrated that even though vamps generally get stronger as they get older, they actually become more vulnerable to sunlight as they get older (which stands to reason, since they are less accustomed to sunlight than a younger vamp would be).

Godric went to dust on the roof with a lot less exposure than we've seen younger vamps survive from.

8. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    unless vamps have a abundant supply of fae blood on hand (on neck?). wonder if synthetic fae blood would protect as well as organic fae blood in the sunlight?

9. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    well that is what Bill is trying to find out...

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Why didn't Andy's three other daughters turn into fairy dust when they died?

11. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    They were only half fairy.

12. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Lilith was the first vampire and Warlow was her first progeny. Right? How old could she be?

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was a little unclear on that. She said that he was the salvation of the vampire race, or something like that. I took that to possibly mean that there were already "pure" vampires, that they were somehow endangered, and that she was "saving" her species by creating vampire-human hybrids, or vampires as we now know them.

But that was just a vague impression. Who knows what they're (the writers) really up to?

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    As Rob points out, it's not clear that he was her first.

According to the vamp bible (and the human one, I think), Lilith predates Adam and Eve. So, that's pretty old, even way back then, I would imagine.

15. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Is the human bible on the show different from the real human bible? In the real human bible, no person predates Adam and Eve.

In the Universe of the show, did creation actually happen 4000 or so years before the birth of Christ, or are people who believe that dismissed as fundamentalists like they are in our universe?

Also, I thought Nora said Warlow was the progeny. I assumed that means he was the first.

16. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Was Warlow's tribe a tribe of humans, or a tribe of fairies? The way I understood it, Lilith was saying that they (the vampires) had heard of beings like him (fae), and that turning someone like him was foretold as the way to save the vampire race, but that theirs was the first vampire-fae encounter.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's interesting...Warlow said he's half-fae, although he might have been lying. His tribe certainly didn't seem fae...they looked and acted like normal humans. But then, where does the fae come in?

I'm also not sure what being "the first vampire" is supposed to mean. It can't be a human who was turned, since there would be nobody to turn her. There do seem to be other realms with other kinds of beings (e.g., the fae don't live on Earth), so maybe she was just the first to cross over from the vampire realm to Earth?

I hope we're not just thinking about it more than they are, but it all seems very confusing at this point. I wonder if all the ad hoc stuff they've introduced over the years isn't started to collide Battlestar Galactica-style? I hope not. I hope...

...THEY HAVE A PLAN! :D

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I thought the tribe was fae, just pre-historic fae. I figured that because they were fae and their blood smelled so effing good is why Warlow freaked out and ate everybody.

Didn't we see dust, not bodies, to indicate the dead tribespeople?

19. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I thought the same. Also, they seemed too civilized to be 3500 B.C. humans.