1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Blood "At Last" 7/7/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Shaunnick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Jul 8, 2013 #1 of 33
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I guess I will get this one rolling also.

I know I made some disparaging remarks about True Blood earlier this season, but I actually enjoyed last night's episode. I am so used to True Blood dragging out the main plot lines that i was surprised to see Warlow exposed this soon. It also feels like the Human/Vampire conflict storyline is moving fast with Pam and Nora being captured. Does this mean Tara and Eric are going to be teaming up?

Also, was Ben being Warlow that biggest shock that wasn't? I know it was mentioned in a thread earlier this season and my wife called it last night before we sat down to watch it. And then once he bared his fangs to help Jason that all but assured it.

2. Jul 8, 2013 #2 of 33
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was a somewhat shocked that fairy girls 1 - 4 were killed off but their novelty wore off on me in the previous episode.

3. Jul 8, 2013 #3 of 33
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    No surprise Warlow=Ben but I did like the explanation.

One small think I'm not liking is the "back talking" of Pam and Tara (especially Tara) of Eric when it comes to these big decisions. I guess that's supposed to be part of their personality but I'd rather they fall in line better.

4. Jul 8, 2013 #4 of 33
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh? Eric is being a dick. They should be resisting his stupid plans. And Eric released Pam, so she is not required to do as he says (and certainly Tara is not required to follow Eric's orders).

5. Jul 8, 2013 #5 of 33
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Ahh...I did forget he released her so that does make more sense why they are free to do what they want.

6. Jul 8, 2013 #6 of 33
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Tara has always been a next tuesday. Taking a shotgun blast to the face didn't fix that (except for a gratifying hour or so...). I'm not sure why this is now a surprise to you.

7. Jul 8, 2013 #7 of 33
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    So I had to look up what you meant by her being a next Tuesday.

That's a new one.

8. Jul 8, 2013 #8 of 33
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And for my NEXT amazing trick...

:D

I'm liking this season. It seems a lot more structured and focused than TB has been the last couple of years.

9. Jul 8, 2013 #9 of 33
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Are we sure they died?

10. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm not. And even if they are dead, maybe Warlow or Billith can turn them into undead fairies like Warlow.

11. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    As I've said in other posts, I've enjoyed TB from the very beginning and actually thought it was getting better over the years vs. others posting that they liked it less than before.

But so far this season is almost becoming my favorite! Obviously we all distrusted Ben but I was very surprised that he turned out to be a vampire. But how could he walk in daylight? Well he's a faerie turned vampire and has BOTH powers!! Wow, what a great concept! Plus all the human vs. vampire conflict with all the new anti-vampire weapons. Again a great concept!

Lots of fun to watch!!!

Gerry

12. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Girl faeries didn't die. They shrivel up into a pile of dust when they die.

13. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm really enjoying this part as I would imagine that's exactly what would happen in real life (did I just say that). I could totally see "Anti-Glamour Contact Lenses".

14. DavidTigerFan

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    My problem is that they have already shown that vamps can move at super speed and rip the throats out of humans. In any of those circumstances where the humans have the guns trained on vamps, the vamps could have them all dead before they pull the trigger.

15. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Agreed. That has always been the biggest plausibility problem with True Blood. They made the vampires too powerful when they gave them super speed. Sometimes you can rationalize it by saying that the vampires kind of switch between two modes of operation, normal and fast, and it takes them a little time to speed up starting from the normal speed mode (which would make it possible to, for example, kill vampires by sneaking up on them and shooting them from a distance with a crossbow). But even such a limitation cannot explain why the vampires often fail to go to fast mode when a threat appears in front of them. If the vampires are going into battle, they would obviously start out in fast mode and just slaughter all the slow humans.

Let that be a lesson to writers for future shows. If you give your characters super speed, you need to add a lot of limitations to the power as well or it will ruin the plausibility.

16. DavidTigerFan

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Not to mention that Eric can fly....is the only requirement to fly that they are old vamps?

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    My understanding is that it's just a learned skill and that not many vamps are adept at it.

The same goes with glamoring, although flying is a lot harder to learn than glamoring is.

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    So, Warlow has an English accent, but is putting on a Southern accent as Ben? Did I hear that right?

I'm still lost on the explanation Warlow gave to King What's His Name. I didnt understand it. Speaking of him, where did Warlow send him?

Is the governor's daughter storyline over? If so, seems like a waste of time. Was she really so stupid to not know why she was being turned?

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The real question is, was Eric really so stupid not to know what would happen? He's well aware of how puppy vampires leave messes all over the house when not properly supervised. And (as he said) he does not make new vampires lightly. So why did he send a puppy vampire unsupervised into such a delicate house? Did he know that she would lose it? What could he possibly gain from that? Or was he stupid enough not to realize?

That whole bit baffled me. I hope there's more to it, because I would really like an explanation that makes sense.

20. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Something about he slaughtered the King's village but spared him and was sparing him again when he threw him into the other dimension which we dont know what is. But theyve made several references like "You dont want to go there."

Something tells me by the end of this season, one of the main characters is going to end up there and that will set up next season.