1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring folders

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by yukit, Nov 26, 2013.

1. yukit

yukit Member

Jul 23, 2005
    I think I know the answer, but I wanted to see if anyone came up with a better way to copy a folder from one Tivo to another without selecting each one in the folder.

I am in a process of setting up a new Roamio; I started transfer from an old Tivo HD one program at a time, but now I am looking at a folder with 250 programs. I am considering looking for a complete 8 season series on DVDs instead.

This post actually belongs in "wife won't delete programs" thread. I have to buy a new Tivo every few years because of that.

2. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
  3. yukit

yukit Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Does kmttg support Tivo-To-Tivo transfer?

Offloading programs to a NAS to play them back directly or stream them with pyTivo is what I used to do with my programs, but nowadays I don't bother too much. I just declare DVR bankruptcy, then move on.

kmttg & pyTivo is not user-friendly enough for a spouse.

4. thewebgal

thewebgal MacAphile AV geek

Aug 10, 2007
    DC 'burbs
    Yep - wondering about this myself - spouse has a ton of Deadliest Catch (SD at least) on the TIVOHD
    and I'm looking to get a Roamio before the holidays ...

I keep hinting that the Hard drive could fail and lose them all, but so far, that hasn't made a difference ...