1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferred files have Descriptive Audio

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dcstager, Sep 7, 2012.

1. dcstager

dcstager 1st Gen Tivo Owner

Feb 16, 2002
    Skagit...
    I had an odd problem this week that never happened before. I transferred "Hotel Hell" from a Tivo Elite to my original Series 3 in another room.

When I played back the program on the Series 3 , the audio was a strange "descriptive audio" meant for sight impaired audience. No way to unselect it on the Series 3. On the Elite, there was no way to select the descriptive audio sound on the original recording. Very strange.

Has this happened to anyone else? Bug? Feature?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You may have a secondary audio set when it was recording the show.

3. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    This is a Tivo Bug. When recorded and played back on the original device, for me the descriptive audio does not appear. However, when tranfering that content from a Premier to an HD in my case, the descriptive audio is there, and cannot be removed, as according to Tivo the audio tracks are merged during transfer.

There is another thread on this now.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Why would audio tracks be merged during transfer?

What does the TiVo think that DA track is that it needs mixing in, rather than being copied over discretely? If that were where the closed captions were kept, it should be "mixed" into the video, not the audio.