1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer TSN

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ajwees41, May 18, 2012.

1. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    How hard is it to transfer a Tvo into my account that does not have service? It was cleared and deleted when I powered it up.

Does a service plan need to be added at the same time of transfer?

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    A TiVo without service can't be in any account as what would be the point as such a tiVo can't do much, and can't be controlled in any TiVo account. When you active a TiVo you do so in your TiVo account, until then its just a door stop.

3. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    I can't add the TSN it's on a different account according to the activate website, but the box has no service. If I call and they say they can transfer to my account then I would add service on the call?

I bought from Amazon.

4. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Yes, if you plan to add service, then they can add the box to your account at that time. I've found that any box that has ever been activated requires a phone call to Tivo to get it on your account. Seems like the online version is only for never been activated boxes.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    ???
    If the tivo has no service now, you are not transferring anything, you are adding it to your account and by doing so, you are subscribing it.

6. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Any TiVo without service (new or having service in the past) can have service put on it in any TiVo account on line (you have to pay for that service). If the TiVo can't be activated than it already has some type of service on it and you must call TiVo to xfer that service to your account, if the service is monthly just make sure it is month to month because you don't want to take on any old contract that may have been on the TiVo unless it was prepaid.