1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer to TivoDesktop faster on Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Sunni, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sunni

Sunni New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Hi! Just joined, never posted before. I've been using Tivo since 2001. I currently have a TivoHD as my main machine. I had a Tivo Expander for a few months, but I guess it died as I could no longer boot up my Tivo. So I disconnected it (Lost all my new shows, boo) and now since I'm having reboot issues, I'm thinking it's the hard drive, and thinking of getting a new one, with higher capacity. So before I do that, I want to transfer my saved shows onto the computer. It took 1 and 1/2 hours to transfer 1 hour of an HD show. Is this normal? Is it faster using a Premiere? That would be my other option, to just get a Premiere rather than a new hard drive on the TivoHD. I also have a Humax DVD Tivo and use the Multi Room Viewing, would I no longer be able to do that if I got the Premiere? Thanks for any help!

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Yes, the Premiere transfers much faster than realtime. Depending on your network it can take only 10 minutes or so for a one hour HD show.