1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Show "from beginning" not working?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Husker Mike, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Husker Mike

Husker Mike New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I have 2 networked Tivos - a new Premiere XL and a Series 2. When I transfer any show from the Series 2, I select to transfer it "from beginning". And yet - the show appears on my Premiere XL with only the part that I haven't watched yet. Only half of the show is there on the green play-bar at the bottom of the screen. Clearly this is not working properly, correct? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Probably have seen it. That would explain why I didn't get the beginning of part one of "Treasure Island" when I transferred it. I thought I had screwed up.

3. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Same with me, have to rewind the show first before xfer i guess.

4. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    When I used to transfer between two TiVo DT units, I would always have to make sure to press Live TV on the unit I was transferring from. If I were to simply start watching a show, press pause, and walk into the other room and select transfer from beginning on the other TiVo, it would behave exactly as you describe. I found that the show I was looking to transfer from the beginning (or in some cases, transfer at all) could not be paused on the screen.
    Now, I have since recently changed my setup from two TiVo DT units to a single Premiere, and therefore cannot reproduce.
    It may be the case being that you are transferring from a Series 2.
    Worth a try, or at least something to exclude.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    In my case, both source and destination are Premieres. Latest occurrence source TiVo was definitely in "live TV". "Pause Point" was actually the point at which I stopped streaming.