1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer for Hannibal

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Lee 2.0, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    "There’s Mads Mikkelsen‘s Dr. Lecter getting to know Hugh Dancy‘s emotionally ravaged FBI profiler Will Graham, a relationship that’s supposed to help Graham find “a way out of dark places.” There’s Laurence Fishburne warily wondering whether his protege is up to the task of solving some new cannibalistic murders. And of course, there’s blood — lots and lots of blood."

2 minute trailer here

2. latrobe7

latrobe7 Just one more thing

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    Looks good. I hope Laurence Fishburne doesn't mail-it-in like he did on CSI.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    FYI,

'Hannibal' starts airing on April 4.

4. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Most importantly, Caroline Dhavernas of "Wonderfalls" reunites with Bryan Fuller. Sold.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think it was more the writers that mailed it in...they never really figured out how his character fit into the show. He was the lead, but not the main character, which was a tricky conundrum that they never solved.

6. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Thank you for pointing this out. Now I'm double drooling.

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I was on the fence for this show, until I learned that Caroline Dhavernas was in it. Season pass set. I love her in Wonderfalls.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I don't know about this. Especially since it's not on a Cable network, premium or otherwise. Networks tend to wimp out.

9. Apr 1, 2013 #9 of 12
    Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Well, it could hardly reach the heights of The Following, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

10. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    From the TV Guide review by Matt Roush:

"The show may be titled Hannibal, which for commercial branding purposes makes complete sense, but this is Will's story. And an absorbing, psychologically rich one it is, too — immeasurably smarter than The Following, more haunting than Bates Motel."

11. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    FWIW, both Alan Sepinwall and Andy Greenwald - two of my favorite TV critics - both raved about this show, and Greenwald in particular doesn't even like horror shows. Of course, both roundly trashed The Following, so if you're a big fan of that show, maybe that will affect your opinion.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Are you kidding? Even The Following's fans trash it! They just have more fun doing it...