I've finally gotten around to releasing a new version of the TrafficCam Viewer, version 2.01. (Download - screenshots - documentation ) What's new in 2.01: Better error handling and tolerance of network problems; added an error screen with more details when problems occur. Rewrote sections known to cause problems for Macs (X11 display issue). Mac folks, you'll have to try this out and let me know if it actually fixes the problem. Added random shift of viewing screen every minute to reduce burn-in issues. Improved look and feel. Added status message to initial screen indicating selected region and number of cameras. Moved a number of items to the app-defaults file, making more settings user-editable. For example, in previous versions, the viewing times were hardcoded to 5.0 / 3.5 / 2.2 / 1.0 seconds. You may now edit the app-defaults.xml file and change them, if you're so inclined. These will likely be exposed in a configuration screen in a future version. Added option in app defaults to allow camera images to always be maximized to fit in the display box. Lots of internal stuff: Rewrote all XML handling in Xerces (was in JAXB, and I finally reached the end of my rope with it) Better logging, new formatter, less junk in the log files Lots of refactoring; better class structure Much smaller installer (now 664K) and smaller memory footprint This version should be a lot easier for me to support if you do find problems. It was fragile in a few areas (XML handling, especially), so I was not exactly motivated to turn out new releases. I fixed a ton of that stuff, and my build/release cycle is now mostly automated so doing a new release isn't nearly as painful as it used to be. I now have ant scripts that'll completely build the installer, service wrapper, ZIP files, etc. -- it's pretty cool. For the Mac/UNIX folks, I still don't have a good way to test this app for you guys, so please let me know if you're still having problems with it. I rewrote the section that was causing the X11 display errors, but I'm not completely convinced that the new code won't do the same thing. Worth a shot, anyway. Note that JRE 1.5 or 1.6 is now required; 1.4 is no longer supported.