1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracker module v3.3 for TivoWeb/TivoWebPlus

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by spitfires, Mar 30, 2013.

1. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Here's an updated version of the Tracker module for TivoWeb-1.9.4 and TivoWebPlus-2.1b3

I wanted to better integrate Tracker with TWP2.1. Up to now it has been very much a 1.9 module patched-up so it works in 2.1 - this version gives it the same look and feel as the rest of 2.1.

I also wanted to fix the known issues with it creating duplicate records, and its intensive disc use when you have lots of things being tracked.

Key changes:
    # - rewrote some code for better performance and data integrity
    # - use caching to reduce disc thrashing
    # - improved the compatability with TWP 2.1
    # - manual / delayed rebuilding is no longer required - all changes are immediate
    # - slightly revised file formats; files converted automatically on first run

Installation
    ========

- Back-up your existing tracker directory (although the module will do this for you, it's safer for you to have an independent backup)

- Delete any existing tracker script in TivoWeb's "modules" directory. Note: this may be called tracker.itcl, tracker316a.itcl, tracker320-rc9.itcl or somesuch similar name.

- Delete any existing script like zz_mrt_utils.itcl or zz_mrt_utils_rc07.itcl or similar. If running 2.1 this may be in your "libs" directory.

- Copy (remember to use 'binary' format in your ftp program) both tracker.itcl and zz_mrt_utils.itcl into your "modules" directory (DO NOT put anything into your "libs" directory)

- Do a FULL restart of TivoWeb/TivoWebPlus

Thanks to those who helped with the testing of these changes :)

Attached Files:

2. Apr 1, 2013 #2 of 42
    mrtickle

mrtickle New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Great work, many thanks for all that! :up:

3. Apr 1, 2013 #3 of 42
    mrtickle

mrtickle New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    I've posted links from the AltEPG forum to here, as it doesn't make sense to try to support two different versions of tracker.

4. Apr 1, 2013 #4 of 42
    TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Fantastic to see these things still in use. Just spotted my TiVos while searching the garage for tools. :(

5. Apr 2, 2013 #5 of 42
    spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    :( ahhh poor wee things. Thanks for all your trail-blazing work!
    I can't see me ever changing - TiVo does exactly what I want (and I care not a fig about so-called HD).

6. Apr 3, 2013 #6 of 42
    steveroe

steveroe Must do some work...

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've just installed 3.3 with TivoWeb Plus 2.1.b3 but I'm getting various errors.

Whilst trying to update the list:

Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
    called "expand_epnum" with too many arguments
        while executing
    "expand_epnum $episodenum $description $pad"
        (procedure "tracker_expand_epnum" line 3)
        invoked from: "tracker_expand_epnum [dbobj $program get EpisodeNum] [dbobj $program get Description]"
        ("uplevel" body line 89)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
    set item [db $::db openid $fsid]
    set cancelreason [dbobj $item get CancelReason]
    set type [dbobj $item get SelectionType]
    set showi..."
        (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 36)
        invoked from: "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan"
        (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_update" line 11)
        invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    Cancel from suggestions:

Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_todosug, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
    can't read "x": no such variable
        while executing
    "lappend out "$arg=$x""
        (procedure "ForeachTrans" line 11)
        invoked from: "ForeachTrans val $vals $bsize {
    recInit -pre $preload [lindex $val 0]
    if ![recFilter $filt] {
    if {[set ret [recInit_$cmd $val $opts]]!=2} {
    if {$ret} ..."
        (procedure "putRecRows" line 8)
        invoked from: "putRecRows $chan $fmt Show $_fsids"
        (procedure "tracker_put_todo" line 17)
        invoked from: "tracker_put_todo $chan fsids blockthese whitelistthese $todotype"
        (procedure "action_tracker_todoOrSugg_refactored" line 74)
        invoked from: "action_tracker_todoOrSugg_refactored $chan $path $env 8 "Cancel from Scheduled Suggestions""
        (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_todosug" line 2)
    --cut here--
    Trying to view episodes tracked for "Unknown"
    Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:trackseries, path:, env:seriestmsid Unknown title Unknown src {} wid 1 uid 1 wtd 1 utd 0 sort 1, code:'NONE'
    can't read "deletedby_names(TiVo)": no such element in array
        while executing
    "set deletedby $deletedby_names($deletedby)"
        ("foreach" body line 18)
        invoked from: "foreach episode $episodedata {
    if {[lindex $episode 0] == ""} { continue }
    catch {unset episodetmsid episodedescr episoderecdate episodesource epblock..."
        (procedure "MOD::action_trackseries" line 45)
    --cut here--

7. Apr 4, 2013 #7 of 42
    spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Hi Steve,

Re:
    (1) You need a later version of zz_altepglib.itcl from the UK version of TWP (UK-20120723 or later)

(2) A known bug which I fixed in the UK release of TWP.

(3) What is in your "Unknown" series - is that something you've created yourself? I've never seen that one before.

8. Apr 4, 2013 #8 of 42
    steveroe

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    (1), (2) - thanks, now installing the UK version of TWP from Altepg

(3) I think this related to programmes recorded before we switched to the different TMSID system on Altepg - mrtickle can probably explain more!

9. Apr 4, 2013 #9 of 42
    steveroe

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Okay, 1 and 2 resolved by installation of TWP Version 2.1.b3 (UK-20120818)

3 still throws the same error (not a massive problem for me, just an oddity).

Other tracked series show fine.

10. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Re (3) - would suggest there is something odd in that series files, although without seeing it I can't say for sure.

When you install 3.3 it updates your files to a slightly new format and it looks it has failed on that file (or a line in that file).

If you look at the .itcl file there is a bit at the end where I've noted the file layout - field 6 ("deletedby") should be set to either 'T' or 'U' but it looks like yours is still set to 'TiVo'. You can fix this by changing that field but it would be good to know why that file didn't get converted when you upgraded to v3.3

11. steveroe

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've attached the file (renamed to .txt), as you suspected it hasn't been converted - all the lines either still say "TiVo" or "User"

Attached Files:

12. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Thanks. I hadn't allowed for that filename. Here's a script which will convert it for you.

Drop the ".txt" off the end and run it like

./trackerconvert.tcl Unknown

Attached Files:

13. steveroe

Oct 29, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Many thanks, that's done the trick.

14. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Done as above on 1.9.4. Tracker has disappeared from menus.... So access it direct and getting errors like

cut here-- action_tracker_update '' '' list doesn't contain element 6 while executing "lreplace $line $nindex $nindex $ndata" (procedure "tracker_update_fileline" line 10) invoked from within "tracker_update_fileline series $seriestmsid 0 6 $genstatus" (procedure "updatetrack" line 144) invoked from within "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $epnum $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $watchedmins $chan verbosedata" (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 222) invoked from within "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "::action_tracker_update" line 18) invoked from within "::action_$action $chan $part $env" ("eval" body line 1) invoked from within "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}" --cut here--

15. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    You need to find out why it's not loading. Closedown TivoWeb and then start it from telnet with "./tivoweb console" and tell me what errors you get.

16. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Reinstalled and reported twice.... Came back.... Now get this when i do a create update list

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR --cut here-- action_tracker_update '' '' list doesn't contain element 6 while executing "lreplace $line $nindex $nindex $ndata" (procedure "tracker_update_fileline" line 10) invoked from within "tracker_update_fileline series $seriestmsid 0 6 $genstatus" (procedure "updatetrack" line 144) invoked from within "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $epnum $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $watchedmins $chan verbosedata" (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 222) invoked from within "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "::action_tracker_update" line 18) invoked from within "::action_$action $chan $part $env" ("eval" body line 1) invoked from within "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}" --cut here--

17. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Tried tivo web and gives this on same action

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE' called "expand_epnum" with too many arguments while executing "expand_epnum $episodenum $description $pad" (procedure "tracker_expand_epnum" line 3) invoked from: "tracker_expand_epnum [dbobj $program get EpisodeNum] [dbobj $program get Description]" ("uplevel" body line 89) invoked from: "uplevel $body" invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}" (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5) invoked from: "RetryTransaction { set item [db $::db openid $fsid] set cancelreason [dbobj $item get CancelReason] set type [dbobj $item get SelectionType] set showi..." (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 36) invoked from: "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_update" line 11) invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"--cut here--TRACKER*

18. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    So exactly the same error as you had before, then.

Don't know what you mean by "tivo web" - do you mean TivoWebPlus? If so then see posts #6 & 7 above.

When you get the error in TivoWeb 1.9 what line is the error on - i.e. have any programmes updated ok or is the error on the first one?

Also, please post your tracker.cfg file and 'series' file (as file attachments)

19. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Ok i will post files later. I get the same error in both tivoweb 1.9 and tivoweb plus. No further lines displayed. Old version works ok when i reinstate that.

20. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    In which case it's unlikely that the files have been converted to the new format. You have closed down TivoWeb and reloaded it from scratch haven't you? Do you see any error messages when you load it with

./tivoweb console

(also make sure you have only one copy of trackerxxxxx.itcl in your modules directory)