1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPXL Wireless N Adaptor

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tattube, Sep 2, 2012.

1. tattube

tattube Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Every now and then the adaptor switches speeds from 5.0 down to 2.4.
    I used to be able to reset it by either pulling the power cord for the adaptor, or cycling the WPS off/on at the router.
    For the past few months, neither of these worked - though occasionally the adaptor would switch back to 5.0 on its own.
    I haven't got the slightest idea of what to look for that may help lock the adaptor speed at 5.0....any thoughts on this?

The router is a NetGear WNDR4000 (N750) installed Aug. 2011, and the adaptor is Tivos own 'N' model.
    The rest of the wireless system consists of
    1 laptop
    1 printer
    1 sb5100 cable modem

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What kind of wired devices do you have on your network?

3. tattube

tattube Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Just these 2 devices are hardwired in the network.
    Desktop computer...OS = WinXP SP3 (the laptop runs Win7 Home Premium).
    Printer - ethernet cable to desktop...Same printer as used wireless with laptop.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If everything was wireless, and you were feeding that router from a cable modem, I was going to suggest putting both where the TiVo and television are and hooking up the TiVo via Ethernet cable.

Instead, give the TiVo a fixed IP address, and then see if the Netgear doesn't have a setting somewhere that can restrict that address to just connecting at 5GHz.