1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour video crashed my Elite/XL4!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by eDbolson, Oct 13, 2012.

1. eDbolson

eDbolson Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    :eek: I started playing, out of curiosity, one of the newly downloaded Tours (the network one). I tried to fast forward, as I just wanted to see what it featured, and it first got stuck, then the TiVo restarted! I have not had a crash/restart on my Elite since I got it last summer. I remember from many, many years ago that some channels would crash my box, but the only way this ever happened to me on my Series 3 was a bad disk. Could that be the explanation? Anyone have a nice tutorial on the Premier to do the disk check? I'll probably do a search, but I'm lazy :)

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Way too much thought for a one time event.

3. eDbolson

eDbolson Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    I did sound sort of panicky, didn't I? But since I haven't had any previous problems, and the TiVo is still under warranty, I'd like to know if I should be concerned. Hey, I managed to recover most of my extremely hosed external disk on my Series 3 by multiple applications of ddrescue to another disk, but I never want to do that again!