1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD-H400 WPA?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by MychaelP, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MychaelP

MychaelP New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Just bought a new router that finally supports better security than the old WEP but I cannot get my old Tivo with old wireless adapter to work with anything other than the old WEP.
    Is it truly due to it being old, or is there something I need to do differently?

Thanks guys
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If you have the Tivo Wireless G adapter, it supports WPA/2 while any other adapters will not.
  3. MychaelP

MychaelP New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Thank you for your response. Not certain I want to buy a new one, and will probably wait until I buy a new Tivo. Holding out since this does have lifetime and I'm not wanting to pay roughly $500 to get just a better HD picture at this point.
    Thanks again
  4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Keep an eye on Craigslist. Sometimes you can pick up on of the TiVo G adapters for around $20.

They are, by the way, superior to other USB wireless G adapters that work with TiVos, because they have their own little microprocessor inside that takes some of the load off of the TiVo's CPU.
  5. dz2k

dz2k New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    i purchased one off ebay. very nice adapter.