1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba hard drives interchangable?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by replaytv, Jun 4, 2012.

1. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I see a Toshiba SD-H400 Tivo with a bad hard drive on the internet. I have another model of Toshiba Tivo, can I 'clear and delete' on the other model and put it in the SDH400?

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Do you trust the seller to know for sure that the problem is only the hard drive and not something else?

If you mean you have a Toshiba TiVo with a different model number, that might be like putting a 540 drive into a 240, or a 649 drive into a 540.

Of course if you've got an SDH400 image, that's a horse of a different color.

4. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I don't have a image for the needed Tivo. The Tivo is only $10, so not a big waste. Some day I will learn how to put a image on hard drive, but right now I only have DVD Toshibas with basic lifetime, and the broke DVD Toshiba Tivo has full lifetime, so that is why I want to transfer the hard drive. The donor Tivo is not the same model.

5. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Answer to the question in op is simply, no.

6. cho76ers

cho76ers New Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Adding onto the question, I see a bunch of hard drive in ebay that is taken out of the series 2 but did not specify what model they are taking out of. IF I were to purchase it, would it work for the Toshiba model SD-H400 or it is just a waste of money. Apprecaite the feedback as I am trying to my Tivo Toshiba SD-H400 with limited budget.

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Waste of money.

There's always instantcake if you despair of finding an image. Overpriced, but if there's no other option....