1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear Festival

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Big Deficit, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    It might have been fun to attend live, but that was one of the worst Top Gear episodes with the UK hosts ever IMHO. Hammond did well not to attend. On par with the US version both in host interaction and uninteresting content. Considering how good the shows specials have been, I'm shocked they let this one be broadcast.

2. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I could only watch for about 10-15 minutes, then turned it off. Boring.

3. SteveInNC

SteveInNC New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    RTP, NC
    If it comes on again, DVR it and watch near the end. They have Michelle Jenneke (the dancing hurdler (Youtube)) race a car.

If you don't know who that it is, the Youtube video is well worth watching. She dances around during a warm-up for a race, then dusts everyone in the 100M hurdles.

4. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The soccer match at the end was fun as well.

5. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I did DVR it, just quit watching when I got bored. I might go back to it if I get more bored than watching that episode. :):)

6. SteveInNC

SteveInNC New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    RTP, NC
    Yeah, I think that Top Gear is directly responsible for reducing the number of remaining Reliant Robins by a significant degree. Perhaps they're trying to drive up the rarity.

7. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    And Morris Marinas. Not that the Marina was a notable car, other than British Leyland's showcase for simply not trying very hard. At least the Robin was quirky.