1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much screen real estate

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by rtmoore4, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rtmoore4

rtmoore4 New Member

May 11, 2005
    There is WAY too much screen real estate devoted to showing me similar programs I might be interested in once I get my search result. Plus, the list is shown across the top, with bright images, grabbing my eye and making it seem like this is what I should be looking at.

Instead, shrink the images a bit and put them on the bottom. The focus should be on the show I was searching for and what action I want to take on it. After I have taken an action on that show/episode, then allow me to wander down to the bottom to see if there are some other similar shows I might want to see.

2. zendee

zendee New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I absolutely agree. The top of screen display is totally unpleasant. Bigger font makes things look much simpler.

3. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Whew. For a while there I was worried.

You CANNOT have too much screen real estate.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    There's no question that TiVo sacrifices a lot of usability and utility with the bar at the top of the screen. However, management must view it as essential for advertising purposes, because there's no other justification for the design.

One unfortunate aspect of TiVo Search is that much of the program information is sacrificed to accommodate the banner bar. You see an incomplete list of actors, an incomplete (or non-existent) list of guest actors, no directors, no producers, and no writers. In many cases, the program or episode description itself is cut off, because it will not fit in four lines with the new, larger font. On many screens, the menus and buttons are squeezed together, as necessary given the large font and insufficient screen space, for which the banner bar is directly responsible.

We can only hope that this banner is specific to TiVo Search, and that many enhancements will be made if/when TiVo releases a 16:9 UI.

5. E94Allen

E94Allen New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Or add scroll ability to scroll down more than 4 lines.