1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Reali leaving ESPN's PTI for ABC's GMA

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lambertman, Apr 10, 2014.

1. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
  2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Wow. He's been doing Around The Horn for 10 years? Time flies. He is a much better host than the original host Max Kellerman who openly cheated for Bob Ryan all the time. I don't see it as a big loss for PTI though. ESPN is probably full of personable, young stat heads who can fill 30 seconds of air time.
  3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    As long as he stays on ATH I'll be happy. I was (and am) a big of Kellerman and was disappointed when Reali took over but I was proven wrong. He's been better than Kellerman at this particular gig. Kellerman remains great at boxing analysis.

As for openly cheating, this isn't a game show with prizes. Reali "cheats" in favor of the Woodman and Jackie MacMullan.
  4. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I only see ATH because I pad the beginning of PTI's recording. I've always thought it's reality-like, where the winner was determined beforehand.
  5. jon777

jon777 Active Member

May 30, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    Will miss him on PTI, particularly hosting the "game" segment (e.g. Oddsmakers, What's the Word), but PTI is all about Tony (K) and Mike. As long as they continue doing 80+% of shows it will be must see TV for me.

ATH I watch probably twice a week, and have always liked Reali (better than Kellerman, who for some reason never worked for me there) with his sense of humor and knowledge, and willingness to call any of them out (in a fun way). Glad he will continue in that capacity.

Have seen people thrive and fail making the transition from sports to mainstream -- hope he does well, as I enjoy watching him, and seems like a good guy...
  6. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    What constantly amazes me about Reali is not his encyclopedic knowledge of sports stats and factoids but his knowledge of pop culture, both current and older. He can be almost as meta as Community at times but with a sports twist.
  7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Reali is what fans expect a sports writer/broadcaster would be since many fans are closer to him than to most of the fools who seem to have zero knowledge at all but have jobs.
  8. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I think I've only watched ATH a couple of times and didn't really care for it. I love PTI though, and while he's pretty good on there, I don't think it'll be hard to replace him.
  9. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Nice job, statboy.
  10. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze The Devil you know

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    Nice job, CBA boy!!