1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonight's Lost (Spoilers, not official)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SeanC, Sep 27, 2006.

1. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I'm not starting this to be first which is why I didn't put the date in the title or S03E01.

I saw that Tivo was going to record Lost tonight and at first I was excited until I saw the guide data.

It would appear to be another one of the annoying rehash episodes so for the avid viewer, totally skippable.

Anyone else seeing this in their guide data?

2. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    yep, but i didn't get excited because I knew it wasn't starting until 10/4

I will probably watch it sometime before next week just to refresh my memory

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Be a good thing to watch if you are bored I guess :)

-Sean, good to see you still on TCF, guess we didn't win powerball and you skip town with the money. That's reassuring :)

4. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Damn, I was all excited and forgot tonight WASN'T the Lost SP.

That said, will the season premiere's thread be closed due to 1000 posts, like the season finale was? I would think not, since the next episode will air before it gets close... but you never know. Now the break after 6 episodes could do it.

Greg

5. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Lost trick season premieres are getting out of hand.

6. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    No worries, we got DVRs. We can record it, see if its anygood, and trash if it isnt.

I dont need a catchup episode, I just recently stormed thru the entire S2 box set in a week.

7. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    We're going to watch the rehash ep tonight. Last season's rehash ep came just as we had finished watching the Season 1 DVDs and it was all fresh in our memory. We've avoided all Lost stuff all summer in anticipation of the new season.

8. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    Oh man, did I miss out on another TCF Powerball pool?

9. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Nah just a very VERY mini MA resident pool.

(I work in RI so on Friday I got tickets for Me, Mike and Hank)

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    No they're not. The reason they do this is . . .

;)

Looking forward to next week's premiere. Still have the season finale saved, so hopefully I'll get a chance to watch that before next week.

11. Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Active Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Was that Kevin Spacey doing the voiceover?

12. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Yep, I thought tonight was the premiere.
    Bastards.

13. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    i thought it was the guy who plays Henry Gale

14. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I am NOT watching Yet Another Lost Clip Show.

They've had too damn many of them so far. Yes, I understand, people who have never watched the show need some way to catch up, but man, there's a LOT of clip shows!

15. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    My high-quality 9.95/month Bright House provided HD-DVR was recording this just fine. Then I apparently asked the DVR one too many things at a time because it (in order) 1) Dropped the signal from the HD channel. 2) Stopped recording. 3) Deleted the recording all with no user confirmation. The SD channel was just fine when I went to it. The HD channel came back the moment Lost was over.

It's not that I was recording it to catch up on missed shows. I have seen them all. I just hope that this isn't a sign of things to come. I can't afford a Series 3 yet and HD-DVR is my only option outside of scouring the net for torrents. Like most folks I can't stand to watch anything live anymore. Commercials are way too annoying. Even the good ones.

16. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...

[gratuitious bad pun]How can you watch something that is lost?[/gratuitous bad pun]

I can think of 4 total clip shows they've had. One in mid-season 1. One at the beginning of season 2, one mid-season 2, and one here, at the beginning of season 3. IMO, that isn't too many clip shows.

With the breaks this show takes for no apparent reason ;), some folks need a clip show to get them back into the show.

17. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Strange that they didn't include Libby at all. They showed AL, but not Libby, and Libby is the one that is most connected with the main storyline, and will have to be included in future flashbacks.

18. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    I found libby's absence interesting as well. But then, again SOOO much was left out...they never mentioned the numbers at all, except in relation to the computer....no polar bears, no WHERES MY BA-BEE, very little Danielle, etc., etc., etc.,

19. TreborPugly

TreborPugly Unreal!

May 2, 2002
    Eastern TN
    For those of you who want to waste no time on a clip-show:

The narration tells you things that were never said explicitly. Like when Lock saw the glowing diagram on the door that was crushing his leg, we originally just saw a very detailed drawing, of who-knows-what.

The narrator says this was an attempt by the first guy stuck there (military guy I think, not the sailor) to map the system of hatches.

There are other places where this recap very clearly connects the dots for us.
    I was glad for the recap.

20. TreborPugly

TreborPugly Unreal!

May 2, 2002
    Eastern TN
    Heh. My wife and I had the Kevin Space/Henry Gale debate for the narrator too.