1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ToDo List switching channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by opus472, Feb 18, 2013.

1. opus472

opus472 Member

Jul 4, 2007
    I set the Tivo to record a program on FXHD. Check the ToDo List the next day, and the recording channel has been switched to FXSD. So I change it back to HD. This usually works, but sometimes it switches to the SD channel again. Any idea what might be going on?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Was it a manual recording (i.e. you specifically set the recording) or an autorecording wishlist? Pre-Premiere, ARWLs prefer lower #d stations, and on the Premiere, they seem to prefer higher #d stations.

If it was a manual recording you did, I'm not sure what happened, though if it somehow thought the channel went away, it can reschedule them.. that's highly unlikely though.

If you NEVER want to record the SD channel, you might want to remove the SD channel from your lineup as a lame workaround.

I have most HD channels removed so that my various ARWLs don't accidentally catch a show on a HD channel and cause a bunch of shows to be nuked.

3. opus472

opus472 Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Thanks mattack. It was a manual recording, not a wish list item. Happens all the time, not sure why. Also happens occasionally with TNT.