1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TivoToGo with Dish Network

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by losaltos, Oct 4, 2013.

1. losaltos

losaltos New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Los Altos
    I have been using my old Tivo Series 2 with Dish Network for a long time on the SD output of a 2 tuner Dish Network box which also does HD on the first tuner. Recently I acquired another Series 2 Tivo Box so that I can use the 2nd tuner of the same box. This required an IR to UHF remote converter which I have set up fine and the box can easily record shows off the 2nd tuner.

However, one feature I really like is the ability to watch the recordings on my other TiVo, a TiVo HD, in another room.

For some reason, the recordings from the newer TiVo box are all marked as protected content and none of the recordings can transfer to the Tivo HD box. Can anyone shed any light on this problem? This applies even to off air broadcast channels tuned by the Dish Network receiver.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Those old S2 TiVos had a type of Macrovision signaling that allowed them to protect shows like that. Sounds like that second tuner is outputting the Macrovision signal for all channels. If you can't figure out a way to turn it off then you could get a "DVD stabilizer" box and put it between the tuner and the TiVo. These devices are actually designed to strip the Macrovision signal. So the TiVo will never even know it's there and will stop marking all your recordings protected.