1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVoPlayList v0.70 Available

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dcahoe, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dcahoe

dcahoe TiVoPlayList Author

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    A new version of TiVoPlayList v0.70 is now available for download at
    http://tivoplaylist.dyndns.org

New Features Include:
    - Added auto-download * wildcard option to download any/all shows
    - Ability to download raw transport stream (.ts) files
    - Option to start minimized

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Have you thought of a Mac version?

3. dcahoe

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Sorry no, just Windows. There may be a fully revamped .Net version someday, but still just Windows though.

4. NowPlaying

NowPlaying Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Menlo Park,...
    I love your program. Thanks for the update.

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Yes! +1 :up:

6. fred2

fred2 New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    The download link itself times out. Anyone know of a link to the lastest version that still works?

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    The download link is dead for me too. This may just be temporary but, if not, I'm sure someone (like me) that has 0.70 can put it on a free download site. I prefer to wait a couple more days in case the link comes back to life.

8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I've seen the issue for over a week now.

9. dcahoe

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    The download site is back up. Sorry for any trouble, but I travel quite a bit and my site does go down from time to time. It was working earlier in the week when I checked.

I appreciate all of the offers I have received from people over the past few years to host a mirror, but I have politely refused them all. Any such site is not approved at this time.

As the TiVoPlayList website states, you should e-mail me with any problems. I respond to any and all e-mails, usually in less than a day and quite often e-mail the program out to people if I cannot get the site back online at that time. Sometimes I don't know there is a problem with the download site until someone e-mails me. Unfortunately I don't always see all posts on different forums so e-mail is the best method to get a response.

10. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Thank you.

11. fred2

fred2 New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Sorry for jumping the gun. I will use the email contact in the future. And thanks for a great program (my c: drive died which drove the need for a new copy of your program)

12. dcahoe

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    No worries. Glad you enjoy the program.

13. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    Love the app, I use it on a weekly basis.

14. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Excuse me, as I am new to the Tivo world and the ecosystem around it. Am I to understand that the main use case for this app is to automatically download episodes of shows to a computer? What are the pros/cons of using the raw .ts file, which appears to have just been added.

I am in the early stages of planning what I am going to do for a media server, and how this might fit in. I most likely would be archiving a fair number of kids' shows on the server from the Tivo to stream back.

15. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    You may be more interested in kmttg http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=387725

kmttg does a little more automation and is a little more flexible in post processing of the video.

You might want to also look at using pyTivo for streaming the files back to the TiVo. http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Current_Release