1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVoHD (w/Comcast) to Mini - What $$ changes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by JohnnyO, Nov 27, 2013.

1. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    I've looked at the similar threads, but as we all know, Comcast billing varies quite a bit from area to area. Since getting a Roamio (and selling one TiVoHD) I'm now really looking forward to getting rid of the second TiVoHD to get the performance and options available with a Roamio/Mini combination.

I'm trying to make sure I understand what fees from Comcast will change. I currently have one Roamio with CableCard, and one TiVoHD with CableCard. I have no other TV's.

I have the Comcast Xfinity HD Preferred XF bundle.

Fees that I think are in play include:

==================================
    - Digital Add'l outlet Svc $9.25
    - TiVo $1.00
    - Cable Card Additional $0.00

Customer owned equipment adjustment - $2.50
    Customer owned equipment adjustment - $2.50
    ==================================

So looking at that, what I -think- should happen is that I will return one CableCard, and the $9.25 fee will go away, and one of the $2.50 refunds will go away, for a net change of $6.25 in my favor.

I have no idea what the TiVo fee is - I haven't seen that before...

Thoughts? Is it worth it to try to walk through this with online chat with someone from Comcast?

Thanks,

John

2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Looks like you've got it... Though my math says 6.75 change.

Never seen that tivo fee before, either.

3. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ Member

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    I think the Tivo fee is the second cablecard

4. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    Doh - Me and math... Sigh.

5. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    Could be -- but you think that since they have a line item for CableCard, that the charge (which, I assume would be $2.50) would be on that line. Hard to say.

That is always one of my concerns with any change with Comcast. They just might screw me up real good...at least now there is the option of reaching out to ComcastCares on Twitter. They have been a really great way to escalate for me and friends over the last 18 months.

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    There only supposed to charge for a second card in the same device. That TiVo fee is totally bogus and they should refund it for however many months they have charged it. If they won't, you should file a complaint with the FCC. Better yet, have them charged with theft.