1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TivoHD - one channel freezes intermittantly

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BlueOtto, Sep 2, 2012.

1. BlueOtto

BlueOtto New Member

Jun 26, 2002
    I have a TivoHD over OTA with a strange issue. It seems that often times when I turn the TV on in the morning, I find that it is frozen from the last time it was turned off. Just that single channel is frozen -- if I change the channel, the other channels work, but that original channel remains frozen. From putzing around, I found that if I go into the signal strength screen, it will clear it out and fix that channel.

Any ideas as to what is happening or how I can fix this strange phenomenon?
  2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I have had a situation where I've turned on the TV and the live TV buffer would be frozen, but I still have the ability to rewind and play back what is in the buffer.
    It only required a channel change to get that tuner going again.

This is on a TivoHD I have in my bedroom that is mainly used as a backup and rarely gets used.

I think it may be a signal issue because I have never seen that behavior on my main TivoHD that's hooked up with a better antenna.
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If it's frozen and you change the channel and then when you go back to it it's still frozen, perhaps when you changed the channel it actually switched you over to the other tuner and left the first one tied up with that frozen channel.

Maybe it has something to do with signal strength and all that, but whenever a TiVo (S2s and S3s, anyway) has a strange symptom, consider the possibility of a power supply problem caused by "capacitor plague".