1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TivoHD 4 year vet, Premiere XL4 2 day noob, simple q...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by riz, May 12, 2013.

1. riz

riz New Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Hi all, seems so easy but I just can't figure this out lol! So when I am in any tivo premiere menu, how do I go back to my recorded program? (not live tv button)

I use a harmony remote if that helps...

bonus q... i get a lot of sound dropouts between menus, is this normal? I thought it was my Onkyo AVR at first but i run hdmi and composite simultaneously (to two sources) and it happens on both, eliminating the onkyo as the cause. Seems like there are multiple scenarios causing audio dropouts, i am not hearing things right???!!

Thx,
    riz

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Press zoom button. (Personally I turned off the video window so don't have to bother with it).

3. riz

riz New Member

Dec 30, 2000
    cool zoom does it, thx!... the video window is what causes all the weird audio dropouts?

thx!

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Do the audio drop outs happen while watching recordings, or just when you are in the menus?

5. riz

riz New Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Going from watching a recording or live tv, to most Tivo menus (Tivo central for sure)... and back out, there is a audio pause of a half second or so... pretty annoying and def didn't happen on my TiVoHD (and it is related to the pip window it appears)

From guide I can use clear or guide to clear the screen but from Tivo menus, it's Zoom only (and not clear) not very intuitive to me.

edit: i mapped a clear-zoom function to m Harmony exit button, all good now :)

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Problem probably related to the change in resolution from the Menus to the program causing a hiccup in the HDMI connection.

7. riz

riz New Member

Dec 30, 2000
    I am fixed 1080i and run both component/toslink (to HDTV/AVR) and hdmi (second HDTV) simultaneously and it happens to both :(

No res is changing for sure and its just a split second hiccup between whats on and the tivo menu loading and the video window

8. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Turning off video window permanently in settings gets rid of those audio problems.

9. riz

riz New Member

Dec 30, 2000
    ^^^ yep I noticed. I kinda like having video in Tivo Menus (something TiVoHD didn't do) So for now, I will prolly live with the hiccup.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I find this happens maybe 20% of the time for me. I have no idea what causes it, but most of the time there is no audio dropout. Every channel on FiOS uses DD so the audio format is consistent.