1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo XL4 & NBA League Pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by stack, Nov 1, 2013.

1. stack

stack New Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Hi everyone, sort of new on the Tivo Community so I did some searching but got some mixed answers everywhere I looked.

Currently I have a Premier Elite 4 tuner working with a Tuning adapter and CC from Cox in Orange County.

When I go to my NBA league pass I get the error saying this channel not available with Tuning adapter and please contact cable company.

So I call them up and they basically say there is a two way communication issue and we have to have their box to be able to watch NBA league pass.

So just so i am 100% because apparently most of the reps at the cable companies don't know much according the forum. I wanted to get a second opinion and definite answer. Is this something that just can't be worked around and I won't be able to get NBA league pass because of having a TiVo?

I have read about the VOD not working with TiVO and I guess this falls into that category now? Does that mean any sports package will not work?

Thanks in advance.

2. rogmatic

rogmatic New Member

Sep 17, 2009
    My understanding is that you are correct - I have to watch League Pass on appletv or iPad.

3. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Is verizon fios avaliable where you live? because with fios nba league pass works great,if i had to use a tuning adapter i would just switch to directv. Also cox should of told you you would need their box to receive the nba league pass, if you paid for the nba league pass I would ask for a discount to get their box to watch the games ,and return it after the season.