1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo XL4 menu problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pkjohnson1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. pkjohnson1

pkjohnson1 pkjohnson1

Jul 2, 2010
    Have a new Tivo XL4 and have noticed a problem sometimes when deleting Tivo suggestions while they are recording.

In the Tivo Suggestions, I hit the clear button to delete an active recording, the menu with the 3 options comes up [Stop Recording, Stop Recording and Delete and Cancel]. Occasionally, the focus isn't on the delete menu, but still on the list of Tivo Suggestions. If you try to use the back arrow to dismiss the screen or hit the clear button again, it blanks out the entire screen (just black).

Sometimes you can hit the TIVO button to restart the menu, but a couple of time all I saw was a blank screen with only the live channel window. You have to unplug the TIVO and restart it to clear the problem.

The software is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Sounds like a bug. I would report this in the software thread. However, we should be getting a new software soon, which could resolve it...

But I'm not sure why you would bother to do this. Changing the channel will stop the suggestion and suggestions take up no hard drive space from scheduled recordings. So, there is no real need to delete suggestions, but to each their own.