1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo won't boot up

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Rose4uKY, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Rose4uKY

Rose4uKY Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Kentucky
    We just got our new Roamio plus and it won't startup. It keeps cycling from Welcome! Starting up to our TV input and says searching for signal. It keeps cycling the same thing over and over and won't boot up. So now I have an RMA for this brand new unit and have to hook back up my Premiere and Tivo is cross shipping me another unit which should be here in a couple days... So now I'll have 2 x Tivo's for return.. I guess the hard drive is failed or something not sure but it's not working. :-(

2. ncbill

ncbill Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    That is the exact same problem I had with my Roamio-Basic.

It worked great for a little less than a day...

Here's hoping it's something simple like a bad batch of hard drives.

3. Rose4uKY

Rose4uKY Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Kentucky
    My mine never even booted up or worked at all... I'm waiting on a new one.. My boyfriend really likes the remote and was wondering if there giving that remote away when you order a mini now or is it still the same remote we got with our mini's a few weeks ago that is like the premiere remote? The lady from Tech Support said it's probably the hard drive.

QUOTE=ncbill;9789176]That is the exact same problem I had with my Roamio-Basic.

It worked great for a little less than a day...

Here's hoping it's something simple like a bad batch of hard drives.[/QUOTE]