1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Wireless USB Adapter on a PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Joe Siegler, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    Due to rearrangement of hardware in my house, I no longer am using a TiVo USB adapter (AG0100).

I'm wondering if this thing can be used on a PC. I tried plugging it in, found no drivers, either locally or on Windows Update. Not surprised by that, but I was curious if it's possible to use it as a wireless adapter for a PC.
  2. pdonoghu

pdonoghu New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    As you found out, there are no drivers, so no, it won't work. The Tivo adapter is a special wireless adapter with additional circuitry to off load signal processing from the Tivo's anemic CPU. It will only work on a Tivo. You could sell it, and get one that will work with your PC.
  3. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Have a look around on sourceforge.net. Some one cooked up some drivers a while back and posted the code there. Never tried it personally.
  4. mikewilkinson1

mikewilkinson1 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Nice idea for providing us information about sourceforge.net. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!
  5. net114

net114 Tivolitic Guru

Dec 29, 2000
    Just search that site or google it, if its there you'll find it.:)
  6. ceyko

ceyko New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    So, I only have 2 posts and it won't let me post a link. If you google "sourceforge tivo driver" you'll see it.
  7. Enrique

Enrique Active Member

May 15, 2006
  8. pdonoghu

pdonoghu New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    From the sourceforge.net site:
    "Currently, the linux device driver provides a non-encrypted link to the access point, supporting a core subset of the wireless extensions. The windows device driver only supports firmware download at this time. The device drivers have not yet been released."

I would take this to mean that you can get an unencrypted basic link with a Linux system and that there is no usable driver for a Windows PC. Since the last update is over 2 years old, I assume no one carried the project any further.