1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Wireless N Network Adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bubbabird, Jul 22, 2013.

1. bubbabird

bubbabird New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Hey folks I got a question. I have a S3 HDXL, connected to my network via ethernet. I am looking for faster transfer speeds to backup several programs for later watching as well as re encoding to mobile viewing. I have a "n" in my home and good coverage of the network.

As it sits, according to kmttg my wired transfers are averaging about 7 to 10 Mbps.

If I were to use the "TiVo Wireless N Network Adapter" should I be able to get higher transfer speeds?

Any other ideas as well?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Nothing is faster than a wired connection.

The slowdown is not your connection, but its the Tivo itself.

In comparison, fastest network connections to slowest, wired, MoCa, Wireless N, G, B.

3. ELEVO

ELEVO New Member

Aug 4, 2013
    This is the First i heard of a wireless Connection Working Better and Faster ?

Wireless Connection's Can Drop due to interference, and Speeds can slow down because of interference as well, I Really don't think a wireless Connection works better than a wired one, Unless there is a problem with the modem or the Wire itself, but that is a whole other case.

Wired is more Stable and Speeds are more Stable and less Fluctuating.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I think you can safely ignore that poster whose real purpose for being here seems to be link spamming.