1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO Wireless N Adapter - Closing Thoughts

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ghuido, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    Well Last night, I decided to just stop trying to use the TIVO Wireless N Adapter.

Every couple of weeks it would drop the connection to the network. I think it was related when the IP Lease Expired. I had set it to a static IP Address to try to avoid any issues.

Without fail every 2 weeks it would crap out and the TIVO would get DNS / GAteware errors. The Box could not connect to the TIVO Service anymore.

In the end, I decided to take out the TIVO Wireless N Adapter and use a Dlink DAP-1522 Wireless Bridge. Haven't had any issues since.

Just posting my own personal experiience with the Wirelss Adapter. Everyones milage may vary.
  2. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Already had my 1st Wireless N adapter outage. Power cycled router, adapter, etc. to fix. If this annoyance continues it's wireless bridge or better yet MOCA for me.
  3. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    what static ip address are you using? I have the non tivo n bridge and setting the tivo ip one above or below what the static ip works for me.
  4. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    The adpater had X.X.X.130 and the TIVO had X.X.X.131

Worked when the adapter could keep a lock on the Network.

I have had DAP 1522 for my other TIVO's and had never had issues for 2 years.
  5. falken98

falken98 New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I have 2 tivo units, both with wireless N adapters. One would always do the same thing you described, the other one however worked just fine.

I recently switched to MOCA and could not be happier. I highly suggest going that route.
  6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    You should have kept using the DAP1522 units. They cost around the same as the TiVo wireless N adapters now and should even be faster.(plus you can connect other devices to the DAP1522) I know with my DAP1522 units, I can get identical speeds from my TiVos as when they are connected to my wired portion of my network.
  7. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007
    You are right I should have just kept to the DAP 1522. NEver had a problem. Been able to push I think around 50 MB/s over Wireless N 5 GHZ on them.

I just though to give the TIVO Wirelss N Adapter a spin. Nope. Fail.