1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Transfer not "seeing" DVR, Help!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by briboi2012, Mar 14, 2013.

1. briboi2012

briboi2012 briboi2012

Mar 14, 2013
    I just bought an XL4 and the Roxio Titanium 11 to transfer files from my tivo to my mac. I set everything up but my Tivo Transfer does not "see" my DVR. If i run the Tivo Transfer program and leave it on for a couple hours, eventually the Tivo DVR will show up. Anyone else having this problem?

I have contacted customer service and we've tried everything, checked all that everything needed to be enabled was, checked the firewalls, restarted tivo and computer, Checked Media Access Key, did a bunch of other stuff and still the same problem. My hardware and connection work fine. I downloaded the tivo desktop on the PC and it does "see," my DVR. Also the iTivo program does locate the DVR as well, Just not the Mac Tivo Transfer. Someone please help!!!!

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    When you have a new Tivo, and after Transfers under DVR Preferences under your tivo.com account is activated, it can take up to 24 hrs to get the Tivo transfers activated.

Also, check your firewall as there are numerous TCP and UDP ports for programs such as Tivo Desktop to be able to see and transfer. (Go to Tivo.com support and search for Firewall ports.)

3. scottanderson

scottanderson New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    I'm having exactly the same trouble that briboi2012 reported:

I have a Mac (OS 10.6.8) with Titanium Toast 11

Tivo Transfer (from Toast 11) doesn't see my DVR
    iTivo can see it and list shows
    any web browser can see it and list shows

None of these can transfer.

Note that I don't think it's a firewall issue (as ThAbtO suggested). Both machines are on my home network, inside a router/firewall, and the firewall on my Mac is *off*. The fact that iTivo and the web browsers can see the DVR and list supports that, and also shows it's not a problem of the Media Access Key, etc.

Also, my Tivo is not new, and I activated transfers in the past, since I got this to work, partially, last summer.

So, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If you can get the playlist of recordings but it cannot transfer anything, its most likely due to a cookie expiration issue which happened last Feb 16th.

Even using Tivo Desktop will not work but there is a patch for it now.
    I can download using KMTTG in "Use Java instead of Curl" mode and it works fine. There has been fixes in KMTTG but its not 100% yet.