1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo to Go + Snow Leopard + Toast 10 = Fail

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by aefoley, May 2, 2010.

1. aefoley

aefoley New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    When I transfer a file from my Tivo DVR (series 2, I think) and burn it to a DVD with Toast 10, the aspect ratio is messed up. When I play it on a DVD player, I either get a tiny small video with large black bars around the whole thing, or a video stretched vertically with large black bars on the side (depending on whether i pick 4:3 or 16:9)

So disappointing, because Toast 8 worked great for this. But when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, I had to get Toast 10.

I corresponded at length with Roxio tech support; they gave me many bad suggestions and nothing worked. Finally, I asked for a refund and got one.

I'd buy the software again if I they could fix it. In the meantime, however, I'll complain bitterly about Roxio products to everyone I know.

But if anyone knows more about what's going on, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.
  2. Fist of Death

Fist of Death Bon Vivant

Jan 4, 2002
    The Emerald...
    I have Snow Leopard and still own Toast 8. When I discovered iTiVo, it seemed to do all the things I was trying to do with Toast, but it was free. I'm now (slowly) extracting video from my TiVo's (baseball games, soccer games, etc.), and re-encoding them for various devices I have (iPhone, Xbox 360, etc.), although I don't think it'll burn a DVD (but I've never tried this).