1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo - Thanks for the update!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jcthorne, Jul 10, 2014.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Have the summer update on our Roamio, 2 Premieres and a mini. All made it through the upgrade without a whimper. Very nice to have the exact same look and feel on all of them now. Seems much more like an integrated system. Even my wife noticed how much snappier the Premiere in the kitchen was and that it looked just like the Roamio now.

I also do a good bit of behind the scenes stuff with kmttg and pytivo and no troubles there either with the updates on all the devices. Nice speed bump in network transfer speeds too.

So THANKS Tivo. One of the smoothest updates in recent history. Pretty impressive considering all 4 of our units updated the same day and all work great on the new software.

Look forward to seeing what other features are hidden in this update that are not turned on yet...
  2. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic

Apr 4, 2003
    I also like the new software. The Roamio's menus are super quick, and it seems like the Mini's menus are faster too. Love that all match each other.
  3. aristoBrat

aristoBrat New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Same here!

None of my units are on the priority list, so I was a bit surprised and slightly worried when I saw last night that my Roamio had been updated.

After using it a few hours last night (and liking the new left column in the Now Playing area), when I went to my bedroom, I was hoping the Mini there had been updated. Sure enough, it had. :)
  4. Unhappyeger

Unhappyeger New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I was not on the priority list, but somehow got updated last week. Everything is working fine. For me, Tivo is doing a very good job!
  5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
  6. mrfantasy

mrfantasy New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Watching shows (whether recorded or Live TV) from the Minis seems much faster overall on 20.4.2. I'm waiting a second or two instead of several seconds for video to display.