1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Streaming to new Wii U Game Pad!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by cmshep222, Sep 13, 2012.

1. cmshep222

cmshep222 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    From the Nintendo website. Nintendo TVii is part of the new console's (Wii U) GamePad functionality.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/#/features-tvii

"Nintendo TVii enables you to find, watch, and engage with TV shows, movies and sports programming, all from the Wii U GamePad. You can search for programs across Wii U Video Entertainment, TV channels and your own TiVo DVR"

2. chrislemasters

chrislemasters New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    TiVo Mini functionality - so that software update should be coming prior to the Nov launch of the Wii U. And presumably the Wii U itself is also doing the video conversion necessary to "stream" content to the gamepad.

Editorial: Nifty move for TiVo

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    This is an excellent move. I just hope this is a precursor to other devices getting similar fuctionality from TiVo.

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Some of us only follow the Premiere forum, though :) So I am glad to know about it here.

I think this has potential, but more questions than answers at this point. Despite the subject/topic of this thread WE DO NOT KNOW IF IT CAN STREAM VIDEO or if it is just a tablet-like remote control app.

5. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    The more we learn, the more streaming seems unlikely.