1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Stream and IOS 7

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by shaown, Jun 26, 2013.

1. shaown

shaown Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Anyone try this yet?
    -Shaown

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is iOS7 even out yet?

3. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Beta is

4. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    I imagine there wouldn't be any issues, not much changed architecturally in iOS 7 that would worry me.

5. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The TiVo app crashes on launch shortly after startup. I am running beta 2 of ios 7 on my iphone 5

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You wrote up a bug, right? bugreport.apple.com.

MAYBE it is Tivo's problem, maybe not..

7. Jul 1, 2013 #7 of 32
    streborekim

streborekim New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I have the same issue. The beta is so new that there's no way that developers (TiVo) could expect any issues. I expect the next update to the TiVo app to resolve some of the issues.

However, as the beta process progresses I'd expect new issues to arise.

This is how betas work.

8. Jul 2, 2013 #8 of 32
    mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Write Up A Bug
    (works for me BTW.)

9. Jul 9, 2013 #9 of 32
    gamo62

gamo62 New Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Still no go with IOS Beta 3 and the TiVo app.

10. Austin Bike

Austin Bike New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    This is an important thread for those of us with iOS devices. I am now too old to mess with beta software (I started with windows 3.0.....)

Tablet and phone are too critical to make the jump until I am sure everything is right.

11. Jace

Jace New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    ORD
    I can confirm I have the same issue on iOS7 Beta 3.

The application launches, allows input of Media Access Key, attempts to find TiVo Stream and then crashes (it also crashes at all subsequent app launches)

... Bummer for now, hopefully TiVo will update the app heads of the iOS 7 official launch.

12. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The apps works in the away from home mode. It is the at home mode when it blows up.

13. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    If you hit the bottom bar to change to another selection (e.g. my shows) very quickly, it won't crash.

BTW, I wrote up a bug about it.

14. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    So it's the new What To Watch thing causing the problem. I wish there was some way to just have the app default to My Shows. I never care about anything on that What To Watch page

15. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    At least on my iPad (which isn't running iOS 7), it USUALLY does stick to My Shows. Seemingly only if it has lost connection to the Tivo (and has to reconnect), does it go to somewhere else.
    But yeah, the iPhone version doesn't seem to work the same way, or maybe because I don't have anything downloaded.

16. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Mine never returns to My Shows, on an iPad 3. I use it every day and every day it starts at the What To watch screen. The only time it doesn't is if I launch it quickly after the last time I used it. But if it times out, or I manually close it, it always has to reconnect and always goes back to What To watch.

17. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    What do you mean by 'manually close it'? Do you mean kill it from the double-home application switcher?

If so, don't do that. If you just mean hitting home to go to another app then going back into the Tivo app.. that's odd. I'll try to pay more attention to what it does on my iPad mini.. but I'm 100% positive it stays in My Shows (though IIRC, it defaults to the Tivo rather than the shows on the ipad) FAR FAR FAR more often than it did in a previous version.. which was never.

18. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If I kill it from the application switcher it happens immediately. But I don't usually do that, it was just the fastest way to reproduce the problem. If I simply close the app by pressing the home button, or doing the 5 finger pinch, and come back immediately it remembers where it was. But if I do that and then come back 20 minutes later it has to reconnect to the TiVo and drops me at the What To Watch screen. I typically only use it once a day, when I go to bed, so it's usually about 24 hours between uses. Every single time I use it it has to connect and then drops me at What To Watch. I really wish it could just default to My Shows instead.

19. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, ok, that's related to what I said earlier. But I'm positive (I did see it last night) that it does at least *some* form of reconnecting to the Tivo without going back to what to watch. Only if it TOTALLY loses connection (you have to pick the specific Tivo), does it go back to what to watch, for me...

20. gamo62

gamo62 New Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Still no go on IOS 7 Beta 5.