1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo stream and fios

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dmarzo2, Jul 24, 2013.

1. dmarzo2

dmarzo2 New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi

For those of you with FIOS service...I am in the process of converting from Xfinity to FIOS - will have FIOS installed next week. I have four TIVO devices - a TIVO Premiere 4, a TIVO Premiere, a TIVO 3 HD, and a TIVO Mini. I will not have any FIOS boxes. I am debating the value of also obtaining a TIVO stream. Do the various FIOS apps allow you to stream/record to IPADs and other mobile devices and have a good selection of shows and movies? Or would a TIVO stream give me a lot more options and flexibility?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts....

Dave

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    The Fios Mobile app allows you to stream a number of live TV channels (not all), as well as access some on-demand libraries (Starz/Encore) if you subscribe to them. And you must be at home to use these features. There aren't any download options at this point.

The Stream can stream live TV of any channel you receive (it will initiate a recording on a Premiere and stream it to you) as well as stream your recordings. You must be at home for the streaming to work. You can also download recordings to your device and take them on the road with you if you wish (except for HBO/Cinemax which are copy-protected on Fios). The Stream only works with the Premieres in your setup.

Overall Stream has more flexibility. The Fios app is decent for some casual TV viewing though.

3. dmarzo2

dmarzo2 New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Thank you for this - very helpful

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    e.g. I have still used the Comcast app a few times, even though I mostly watch stuff from my Tivo.