1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Stream and Cablevision?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by bayern_fan, Aug 13, 2013.

1. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Hi all! I'm on Cablevision and considering a TiVo Stream purchase to compliment my Premiere lifetime unit. Unfortunately, Cablevision has the CCI flag on essentially all the channels and I can therefore not make any practical use of the TTG (Tivo to Go) features.

Besides streaming to my iOS devices, would there be any other benefits to purchasing a TiVo stream unit?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Download functionality of the Stream has the same limitations as TiVoToGo, so in your case you'd only be able to stream shows to your iPad when connected to the local network.

3. shaown

shaown Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Weird - I don't have CCI issues on Cablevision (excluding HBO and premium movie channels) - what state/region are you in? I know its fine in Westchester/Lower CT
    -Shaown

4. dbtom

dbtom Member

Feb 14, 2002
    New York City
    Same in the Bronx. Most channels can be downloaded without issue. Stream is still useful to stream within the house. You can get a lot of the live stuff through the Optimum app but if you are TiVo user you probably don't watch much live.

5. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I'm curious to see if CCI flagged channels are still going to be viewable with out-of-home streaming. Any thoughts on this?

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada