1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo stopped recording suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mjgizmo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mjgizmo

mjgizmo New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I have two TiVo boxes, a HD and XL4. Both boxes are connected to a tuning adapter from Time Warner cable and have stopped recording suggestions. I have tried every way to reset and restart the systems and have had no luck. TiVo has even exchanged my XL4 and I still cant get suggestions to record. I'm thinking it has to do with the tuning adapter. i called Time Warner and was told they don't know anything about TiVo suggestions. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, can you give me some suggestions on how to get this issue fixed.

Thanks.

2. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    Time Warner is blocking them. Same thing happened to me when I was using Cable Cards and a TA. We sent back the TA and unplugged the CC. Problem solved.

3. mjgizmo

mjgizmo New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I that the only way to fix the issue? If I unplug the adapter I lose channels and I need the cable card for the boxes to work. Will Time Warner fix the issue if I call and tell them the problem?

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    This is a known issue with certain cable providers and their TAs.

If you unplug your TA (from power), your suggestions list should repopulate.
    One suggested solution is to put your TA on a lamp timer and have it shut down for a period of 4 hours (at least) at a time when you know the Tivo won't be recording any scheduled programs.

5. russmd

russmd New Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Same problem but just started after a year of working perfectly. Why?