1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Slider Remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jstaso, Sep 4, 2014.

1. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    I have a TiVo Slider Remote that's a few years old. It's the one with the pull-out keyboard and connects through Bluetooth.

It doesn't seem as "zippy" as it used to be. It used to keep up with me as fast as I could press buttons. Does it get sluggish as it gets older or is this due to some software change?

2. timhbtr53

timhbtr53 Grumpy Old Man

Apr 24, 2014
    In the Deep...
    A very dumb simple question. Have you replaced the batteries lately? If yes has it been dropped? If yes try putting a packing peanut in the battery holder between them and the door. If you ever drop it and it stops working there is a daughter board in there that you have to take the remote apart it's not hard and plug it back in. If none of this is a part of your problem try to relink the remote to the dongle.

3. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Thanks for your reply. The batteries are new and it hasn't been dropped.

4. timhbtr53

timhbtr53 Grumpy Old Man

Apr 24, 2014
    In the Deep...
    Have you tried the relink? Here is how just in case "2" On the TiVo Slide remote, press and hold the TiVo button and the blue "B" button simultaneously. When the activity indicator light blinks blue, release the buttons.
    "3"On the USB receiver, press and hold the button until the LED starts blinking.
    "4"After a few seconds, the remote's activity light will blink rapidly 5 times and then go off if pairing is successful. If pairing is unsuccessful, repeat steps 2 and 3.
    Hope this helps. I had the same problem and the relink helped.