1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Service update tonight???

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarperVision, Sep 25, 2013.

1. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I'm trying to connect to TiVo service to send in some logs for troubleshooting and also email Margret, but when I try to it says:

"Temporarily Unavailable - This option will be unavailable until a scheduled software update occurs at 2am."

Anyone have a clue what this update is? Could it be a long awaited fix for the issues a lot of us are experiencing? I'm about to give up on my Pro but I'd be willing to hang one more day if anyone has any concrete evidence.

HarperVision

2. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    OK I noticed it said pending restart in connection screen, so I did a hard reset and wouldn't you know, it loaded a "System Update" now instead of at 2am like it said! I guess I'll test again and see if this "update" did anything. Man I hope so!

3. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    I just tried connecting to see if i got the same and it's stuck on downloading for the last 10 mins. I switched back to live tv as I got bored.

4. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    Margret mentioned yesterday that a fix for some issues was coming soon. She didn't elaborate on what the update would be fixing.

5. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Well it didn't fix my issues, and the plot even thickens now because now I'm getting black screens on non SDV cablecard channels like CNN! Geez I give up!

6. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    When u restarted the roamio, did u restart the TA at the same time?

7. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    TODAY'S update has fixes that include:
    - fixed an issue where customers might see error V301 when trying to launch Xfinity On Demand
    - fixed an issue where all six tuners would display video, but one was missing audio

The NEXT update (maybe in two weeks?) should include:
    - a fix for the "green switch" problem
    - support for older versions of CableCARDS from FiOS

8. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Thanks for the info Margret. Any idea when the 5/6 tuner issue or whatever the heck you call mine is going to be rectified?

9. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    This update also has additional logging that should help us track down why some CableCARDS aren't supporting all six tuners.

10. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Thanks Margret, you're awesome! Your incredible customer service probably just saved a return. I'm willing to hang in a little longer if I can get an extension on my 30 day period to not get locked into another service contract?

11. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Any idea when the fall update for the Premiere might be out?

12. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS I dumped SDV / cable

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Is there any down side to the Verizon CableCARD fix?

Would TiVo engineers still suggest getting the latest version of the CableCARD, from Verizon, over the software fix?

13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    When will the Roamio automatically reboot if there is a recording every night at 2AM?

14. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    It knows your schedule and will accomodate its reboot.

15. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I had no idea they were going to try to fix it so swapped out an '006' card for an '017. I hope this fix does not break anything, but I have the 'newest' card anyway.

16. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Does this mean you'd like us to turn on 6 tuners and do the 911 777 thing when it fails again? I've duplicated all my season passes on another TiVo due to the black screen problems so not a big deal if I see the V58 failure.

17. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    What if there is always a recording? My Roamio Pro is very rarely not recording something.

I checked this morning and it showed a pending restart. So I did a manual reboot. Even though it was in the middle of recording four shows. But they were only news programs.

18. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Not sure if anyone keeps track of this, but here is the change in software version:

Old: 20.3.6.1-USA-6-848
    New: 20.3.6.2-USA-6-848

I'm on a Roamio Plus....not sure if it's different for other models.

Also, thank you Margaret for letting us know about the update. Are those the only problems fixed? Or is there a longer detailed list? For example, the back to back recording glitch that from what I understand TiVo knows about.

-Kevin

19. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Thanks for letting the TCF peeps know what is going on and that you guys are tackling some of these early issues so aggressively.