1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Service outage?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by morac, Oct 15, 2012.

1. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I'm at work and I went to use the iOS app in away mode and it won't let me log in. I tried checking the TiVo.com web site and it won't load most of the time (when it does, I can't get to my account or my TiVo). I tried Slingboxing into my TiVo at home and it's reporting N33 errors.

All things point to a network/service outage at TiVo? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

2. Ron88keys

Ron88keys New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm in Tennessee and seeing the same thing. I downloaded a show from my Tivo to my Macbook before I went to bed last night, so I thought I had messed up my wireless connection last night during the download, but everything else except Tivo and tivo.com are fine.

3. jitteryjewel

jitteryjewel New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    No service here in Kansas either. Tried all trouble shooting options and nothing. Website error and no network connection.

4. 01dyna

01dyna New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I'm in Va and having the same problem since a little after 10am this morning. Tivo.com's site is also down. All other sites are accessible so it's definately Tivo that seems to be out.

They need to have a method of notification so we don't waste a lot of time doing needless troubleshooting. Possibly an alternative off-site website that can post updates/notifications.

5. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    same in Florida all morning and still down

6. mypape

mypape New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Same thing here. I just spent the last 3 hours troubleshooting the cat5 I ran to the tivo last night

7. 01dyna

01dyna New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    tivo.com still down at 12:37 EDT....at least two hours. Poss longer. First noticed it was down around 10:15-10:30 EDT this morning.

8. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Yup!
    Down here on the West Coast.

New members:
    Please include the city and state in your profile
    it can prove useful for troubleshooting various problems.

9. WSP

WSP New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Austin TX
    Down in Austin Texas.

10. jtmal0723

jtmal0723 New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Pennsauken,...
    TiVo is down in New Jersey as well. Calling the TiVo Customer Supprot number states one of their call centers is out and call times are longer than 20 minutes, most likely due to customers calling to complain. I have Error N33 and the connection status says "Failed/Service not found." It will keep trying approx every 45 minutes. Reference the attached image.

Attached Files:

11. mypape

mypape New Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I chatted with support and they denied the service being down and told me it was my network. There is defiantly something up. Maybe something to do with the DEV sdk they opened up recently.

12. ronaldheft

ronaldheft New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Down for me in Allentown, PA.

13. Kingpcgeek

Kingpcgeek Couch Potato

Feb 6, 2012
    Basin of...
  14. wrecklass

wrecklass New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Down in CO, but I think at this point we can say it is down across the country. No connection to tivo.com seems to mean no TiVo service in general.

Keep expecting some news somewhere to tell us what is happening. They apparently went down hard given the lack of news.

15. the_Skywise

the_Skywise Member

Nov 27, 2000
    Indianapolis...
    I was able to get onto the website around 9:30am EDT and it died just around that time.

16. wrecklass

wrecklass New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    That's not a good sign. When people across the country report the problem and the CSR folks say it is up, one wonders if they are not aware of the problem and therefore have nobody working on t.

17. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Margret tweeted a response to me that the service is down and they are working on it.

18. Embowe

Embowe New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Another user reporting an outage in South New Jersey @ 1:27 est... Website as well..

19. mlvnsmly

mlvnsmly New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    And to make matters worse (not to get everyone in a frenzy), it looks like Comcast launched VOD service in some new areas today. Before you ask, all I remember seeing is Pittsburgh. I did see the vod icon on my tivo, but by that time, service was down :mad:

20. macsaintus

macsaintus New Member

Oct 14, 2003
    Northeast Ohio had sporadic power outages beginning Sunday night: Time Warner bundle of internet, phone and cable all out through morning. Cable, phone and internet now back but can't link to TiVo. Just getting N33 message. Guess will wait and see.