1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo series 3 with antenna

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by hsmama, Mar 4, 2013.

1. hsmama

hsmama New Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Hi I have a question for you experts here.... If I buy a used tivo series 3,with a lifetime subscription.... and hook it up to my antenna, will I be able to view my local channel lineups? I am trying to understand if it will provide a user menu,similar to the boxes like I had from the sat. company....which enabled me to view the channels,and record on that basis.
    Please,any info in any direction is appreciated! ( also trying to figure out how to view upcoming program info for my local OTA channels,will I be able to see those?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes. Series 3 Tivos work great on antenna.

Tivos do use a menu system for navigation. When you get your Tivo hooked up and booted, you will run what is called 'Guided Setup'.
    This is a zip code based, step by step setup process that will scan for your channels and download the guide data for your area.
    You will have ~12 days of forward looking data in the guide and you can manually select shows to record from there.
    When selecting a program in the guide, you will get options to 'record this showing' and 'season pass & other settings'. If you choose to set up a season pass, that show will be recorded anytime it is on without further interaction from you.