1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Series 3 HD Crashed This Morning

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by RAlfieri, Apr 22, 2008.

1. RAlfieri

RAlfieri New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Houston, TX
    This morning I was welcomed by the Green Screen of Death (GSoD). My TiVo had rebooted itself and gave me a green screen stating that a serious problem had been discovered and that the TiVo was going to try and repair the system. The screen said it could take as long as 3 hours; however, it only took about 15 minutes. It rebooted itself and started up normally. Everything seems to be fine as near as I can tell.

Last week the unit upgraded itself to 9.3a. I was wondering if anyone else has seen the GSoD since the 9.3a upgrade. It doesn't appear there is any way for a user to see what happened to cause the failure.

Any insights appreciated.

Regards,
    Rob

2. Adam1115

Adam1115 20,000!!! TCF Club

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    Do you have an esata drive? If yes, I wouldn't worry to much. If no, your hard drive is probably going bad.

3. RAlfieri

RAlfieri New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Yes I do! I have one of the Western Digital eSata DVR Extender units. I guess that could have been it. Would be nice if the TiVo told us more. Thanks.

4. Adam1115

Adam1115 20,000!!! TCF Club

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    Mine has GSOD'd a couple of times. If someone bumps the esata drive or for any reason it hiccups the TiVo well GSOD.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.