1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo series 2 issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by smudroch, Jan 27, 2013.

1. smudroch

smudroch New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I have an old TiVo series 2 dual tuner that is stuck on the "Powering Up" screen. I think the hard drive is shot, where can I buy a new hard drive for it? Thank You in advance,

Steve

2. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Weaknees has hardrives that already have the software on them, or it might be cheaper to just buy a used Tivo of the same model and change the hard drive out and do a 'clear and delete' to marry the hard drive to the mother board. Of just look on craigslist, or free lists.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    If you are capable of doing minor competer H/W maintanance, you might consider the DIY route. weaKnees should be your last resort.

4. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Check out the Upgrade Forum if you are interested in doing it yourself. There is free SW like WinMFS and images are available for free. I use a cheap USB to PATA/SATA cable to do imaging. Your S2DT uses a PATA (IDE) drive but you can also check in that forum for usable IDE to SATA adapters so you can use a SATA drive in your box. You would need a drive 80GB or larger for the image to work.