1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jackstrawak, Aug 31, 2013.

1. jackstrawak

jackstrawak New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Help please. I am a new Tivo user. I am trying to figure out how to search for shows currently available to watch. For instance, I would like to be able to search for football games that are currently on and viewable, not in the future. Or, search for kids show that are currently on. I have found how to search for shows, but it seems to be search all times and formats and I can not tell if they are on now or in the future. Is there a quick search for shows currently on?

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Nope.
    The best you can do is bring up the guide and scroll through the channels.

3. jackstrawak

jackstrawak New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Wow.... that is a bummer. Could do that on our cable box. Can't say I am terribly happy with Tivo so far.

4. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    What model TiVo do you have -- different models have different capabilities, For example the new Roamio model and at least some of the Premiere line can do what you are asking using the iOS App.

michael

5. jackstrawak

jackstrawak New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I have a Tivo premier unit. Not sure of the specific model number.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The new Roamio has a "What To Watch Now" feature that shows you what's on right now and makes recommendations based on categories, thumbs, etc... The same feature is also available in the iOS app and works with the Premiere so if you have an iPad or iPhone you can use it to access What To Watch Now and then select "Watch on TV" to have it start playing on the TiVo.

7. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    What about: Find Shows: Record by Time or Channel: Browse by Time: Select Category: Select Subcategory: This starts the search to the nearest 1/2 hour and list by channel number. (FYI this works on my TiVo S3 or HD.)

8. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I don't know why Tivo decided to get rid of the filters option in the guide. On my THD you can do what the OP wants and view currently airing programs by movies, sports, etc.