1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Search Not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lew, Mar 13, 2013.

1. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Tivo HD. Screen says Mind error Internal error: com.tivo.tri...

I forced a connection and rebooted my tivo. Didn't help.

edited to add online chat said if I already forced a connection and rebooted I have to call customer service. Maybe tomorrow.

2. rmcurtis

rmcurtis Member

May 26, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm still seeing this today. I chose the "Explore this program" option in a recorded show from my TiVo HD, and it took me to the beta Tivo Search which shows the "Mind Error" message. More content from the message:

It looks like they have some database issues to work out.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Got the same thing last night when I searched for "The Bible". It occured when I selected the title for details after the search found it.

4. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I got a CSR on the phone. Issue was escalated. Issue hadn't been reported. I wonder if tivo did something when they added the mini. I got the same message posted by rmcurtis.

5. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    I had the same issue.

6. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Had meaning you no longer have the issue?

7. travellover

travellover travellover

Mar 20, 2007
    rocky hill,...
    This needs to be reported to tech support. If enough people report this issue they will have to investigate all commonalities between reports to find out and fix error.

If no one reports it then they won't know of it and won't be able to fix it.

8. travellover

travellover travellover

Mar 20, 2007
    rocky hill,...
    This needs to be reported to tech support. If enough people report this issue they will have to investigate all commonalities between reports to find out and fix error.

If no one reports it then they won't know of it and won't be able to fix it.

I have same issue and also back button not working even though yellow light on unit comes on.

9. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Anyone get this resolved? Still getting error when doing a search, either swivel or TiVo search Beta.

10. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I reported this to tech support.

11. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    I got this error on my Tivo S3 OLED yesterday and it is still continuing today. I tried Tivo Search on my Tivo S3 HD and it is functioning normally. I haven't called to report it yet.

12. ChrisS5

ChrisS5 New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm having the same problem, with the same error reported. Googleing the problem has lead me to this forum.

I am surprised that tech support is not already aware of this issue solely due to its presence here in the community forums. According to the “sticky” above the forums, TiVo Support Representatives are monitoring these forums: “A group of specially selected Technical Support representatives have begun to monitor the TiVo forums at http: //forums. tivo. com. They will be monitoring 7 days per week and will answer customer questions, where appropriate. We will make our best effort to respond to all Customer Support requests within 6 business hours. TiVo Support Representatives can be identified by their username which begins with: “tivosupport_” and by their TiVo logo avatar.”

I will be calling into customer support to report the problem as well. During their normal working hours…

13. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I started this thread at the same time I reported the issue to tivo. The sticky says tivo support reps monitor the forums at tivo.com (official tivo forums). This is the tcf, not affiliated with tivo. Tivo employees occasionally post on this board.

I wonder if the issue is the result of some changes tivo made when the rolled out the tivo mini.

It couldn't hurt if other people report the issue.

14. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    Oops! My mistake. My Tivo S3 HD also reports the error. I had not realized it was doing a Swivel Search instead of the Tivo Search.

Calling Tivo now.

15. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    I talked to customer support and they reported that it was early trending which means they were just beginning to get reports. The CSR asked a series of questions to help identify some potential problems. He asked about an external hard drive (don't have one) and asked me to connect to the Tivo service to update the database. I did and after it finished loading data, I still had the problem.

So it sounds like they are aware of the problem and beginning to try to work on it.

16. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I forced a connection and rebooted before I called. They checked to make sure my software is current.

I suggested the lack of reports may indicate how few people use tivo search, or at least think tivo will solve the problem without taking the time to call, and not that the problem is limited to very few customers.

Sounds like tivo may need some more phone calls from customers in order to bump this issue up enough to make it to the list of problems which may get solved.

17. atotten

atotten New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    :mad: I'll call CS next. Thanks all!
    ===
    On the phone with CS now- they have no record of the problem- am on hold while they do some additional research
    ===
    Finally found it had been reported <phew> -no update, just that "the company is aware of the problem and is working to resolve the issue. No ETA for solution"

18. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    It seems to be working today :)
    However, I have my NPL sorted alphabetical with groups ON, I also have a WL called SUSPENSE for HD movies with 2013 or 2012 as a keyword, this group called SUSPENSE now appears close to the top of my alphabetically sorted under the letter B. Weird. It seems to be sorting by the category HD movies: Suspense. as opposed to the letter S in the WL Name. It may have been like this before and I never noticed.

19. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Same search now working for me.

20. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Works today. Excluding the day I called, 3 working days. Not horrible.