1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Roamio & Tivo mini sync problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by !-HenryH-!, May 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM.

1. !-HenryH-!

!-HenryH-! New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Yakima, WA
    I'm using a Tivo Roamio with several Tivo mini's over a Moca bridge.

I often watch the same show in multiple rooms when I'm working. There is about a 1 second difference between the two units. I have been unable to solve this problem. I was running my Tivos over a 1GB ethernet network. I purchased the Moco unit hoping it would solve the problem.

Anyone experience this or have any suggestions for a fix?

BTW - I've done all the standard troubleshooting.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TiVo Shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Not sure what you're looking for. There is no built-in playback sync functionality with TiVos.

We're using an old SD RF distribution device to send the video output from one of our Minis throughout the home coax wiring as analog cable channel 72. Solutions with much better video quality are available, at a cost.

3. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Each device is using its own tuner on the Roamio.

4. CinciDVR

CinciDVR Contentious Member

May 24, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I don't think the issue is with the transmission speed of your network. And even if it was, a 1GB ethernet network is going to be faster than MoCa. I think the issue is that when you watch a program on the Roamio, it is decoded and displayed on the monitor, but when you watch it on the Mini, the Roamio decodes it, then encodes it to send to the Mini where the Mini decodes it and displays it on the monitor. It's the extra encode/decode step that accounts for the 1 second delay. At least that's my guess.

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Also each tuner reads the data off of the hard drive separately. That could account for some lag.